Go Bottom Go Bottom

make wheels wider

View my Photos
jb5050
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-07          141109

Is there someone out there that knows how to make the rear wheels of a yanmar tractor a little wider? Sure could use ideas and thoughts on the matter, most of the property I work is flat with a few minor grades. Nothing radical or hard to traverse. Concern is for stability. Do not want to harm axles or? Was told turning wheels around was one way to extend width, not sure, has anyone done that? Thank you in advance, JB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

make wheels wider

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-07          141110

I don't know about that particular model but flipping the wheels around is a common way to gain a little extra width. It depends on the wheel mounting and offset design but you should be able to tell by looking. Make sure the lug bevels are the same on both sides of the face, if not don't do it. ....

make wheels wider

View my Photos
jb5050
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-07          141114

Thank you for your reply, seems like a lot of people use this site for their own "private" type "good-old-boys-forum" what, do I have to be 85 yrs. old to qualify and say ya-all? C'm on folks lets all help each other. I noticed a lot of you posters could give a rip about Oliver, but for the grace of God there goes you. If you do not like what I write, so be it. That is why I live in the U.S.A. and was born here, raised here and will die here. later. ....

make wheels wider

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-07          141125

Originally I didn't reply to your question because I wasn't familiar with your tractor and sometimes a wrong answer is worse than none at all. Others probably were thinking the same. A lot of times questions about tractors that are somewhat rare don't receive answers. I doubt it's a clique thing or a good old boys bias. Lots of newcomers get answers to questions. ....

make wheels wider

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-08          141134

Ken is right on my Kubota B7610 the wheels are not reversible. the rear tread width is adjusted by moving the wheel assembly on an adjustable shaft instead.

We have had alot of discussion on this prevsiously and I believe you should find something on Deere / Yanmar tractors using the wheel reversal appraoch.

Len Sheafer has manuals on Yanmar machines maybe you can check with him.

Dennis
Tractorpoint ....

make wheels wider

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-08          141152

jb5050: Help me here---what's with the animosity? I saw your original post and decided I couldn't add or offer anything useful. A no-answer is better than a wrong answer, IMHO.

BTW, I'm half of 80 and say "you guys", not "ya'll" :)

But I'm jis' sayin' ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login