new holland warranty question? - prospective buyer: New Holland Tractor Prices  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review new holland warranty question? - prospective buyer: New Holland Tractor Prices -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 09-08-2004, 17:58 Post: 95939
alltime
2004-09-08 17:58:45
 new holland warranty question? - prospective buyer

I am just wondering if I were to buy a new NH tractor from any dealer, that from what I can find has a 12 month MANUFACTURER warranty, then I should be able to take it to any NH dealer if it craps out on me for service?? That doesnt sound like a question but, is that true? My local dealer dodged the question because he didnt want me to go out of state, I couldnt find anything on the NH website, but my opinion is if it is a manufacturer warranty then any NH dealer has to honor the warranty because they get reimbursed from the manufacturer for any work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jason

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

09-08-2004, 18:24 Post: 95949
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User

As a New Holland tech. All I can say is good luck to find another dealer to do your warranty work.

Gee I bought this tractor from so an so but now it is broken. Will you do the repairs for me and lose money when New Holland disputes the repair and does not pay you.

Even though I gave the other guy the profit for the sale in the first place?

09-08-2004, 18:37 Post: 95952
alltime

Filter by User

Believe me, I am not arguing with you, just want to understand the LEGALITY of the situation. I dont think that a NH dealer can legally refuse a manufacturer warranty claim. Perfect example, what if I bought a tractor and moved to Canada in 4 months. In 8 months the transmission "broke" and is covered legitamately under the warranty. What would you suggest I do? Same thing as when you buy a car, you dont have to take it to the dealer you bought it from because one "Ford" dealer is the same as another for a warranty repair. They just turn it in to Ford Motor Co. That, I think, is the price they pay to be a "Ford" or "NH" etc. dealer.

09-08-2004, 19:01 Post: 95954
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I am not saying they will not do the work. By the way they are not legally required to either different laws for cars and tractors. But you will not be a priority with them. Because 98% of warranty repairs the dealer loses money.

Does it make any since to you yet. I know it is complicated and most times unless you see it you do not understand.

We will do other dealers work but they are normally at the bottom of the list.

It is different if you move most will try to make you happy so you become there customer then.

09-08-2004, 19:09 Post: 95955
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

alltime, a dealer may not want to perform the warranty work if you did not buy the machine from him. Should the dealer tell you he cannot get to it in a reasonable time; ask him when he can. If he refuse to give you a time or refuses to perform the warranty work. It is his perogative and perhaps right. Then ask for the refusal in writing. If they refuse to give the refusal in writing, have a wittness who will coroborate or a tape recording of the incident. Then contact NH corporate and convey this information and at the same time follow up by sending this info. to them in writing.

These actions seem to get knuckleheads motivated when you set them up to openly and deliberately breech their own warranty contract. At that point you can take it up with the BBB and depending on how pissed off you are with a lawyer. I loath lawyers and prefer to resolve things with folk as direct and amicably as is possible. ALWAYS remember to be REAL polite and courteous while doing this. Makes a BIG difference. Bottom line is that they carry the franchise and have the sign posted in front of the store with the NH logo; they have a duty to honor and perform ALL applicable warranty issues whether they like it or not. It is the price of carrying the franchise. Personally, I am not sure I would let a place touch my machine that I had to force feed and get their mind right. I guess it would all depend upon how nasty they were about it and if there were alternative dealers in the area. I drive 80 miles one way to my dealer and gladly so because the local dealers in my area aren't worth the effort for me to walk across the street to pee on their boots. The way I see it; you treat people right because it is the right thing to do period. Hopefully a dealer who looses a sale because he did not have his competitive act together will learn from his mistake and at least try to gain your business back in implements and service. What goes around comes around. The dealers who refuse to learn this lesson don't always last very long. There are exceptions but not many. Treat the customer right and they will be back.

09-08-2004, 20:14 Post: 95963
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I said it before and I'll say it again. warranty work does not pay it is a loss for the dealer in most cases which is why they are reluctant to do any other dealers work.

For us we will do others work. Why? Because we may lose money the first time but the costumer will be more than 100% satisfied with our store and return for future purchases/ services. Any body that walks through our door is number one. That is why we have the reputation we do with out all the in your face advertising. Word of mouth is better than any banner ad any day of the week.

I have gotten phone calls at 4:45 15 mins before closing. "my unit is down I am 100 mi. away"

My thoughts when that call comes "It is going to be along night" Cause I'll load and go to getting going that night.

We know that allot of our customers rely on there machines to make there money and down time is not good so we act as promptly as we can.

I wish I could say who we are but I do not want to spam. Some of you know and some of you have bought from us before and know our reputation.

There are a "few" other dealers in the country that will go to the lengths we do but not many.

09-09-2004, 08:06 Post: 96013
dan
2004-09-09 00:00:00

Why is it another dealers work. If you are a New Holland dealer why aren't you standing behind the product that you sell, regardless of where it was purchase. The warranty is a NEW HOLLAND warranty not a dealer warranty. All warranty work is a loss weather it a car, truck or tractor. What if you moved since you bought your tractor boy you would be screwed. Is this common with the other manufactors you certainly wouldn't get away with this with a car.

09-09-2004, 08:38 Post: 96022
alltime

Filter by User

thats my point exactly Dan. I just cant believe so many people give such a bad vibe when this is brought up. I would hope to never have a problem which is why I am looking at buying a NEW NH. If I'm going to get stuck with something the manufacturer isnt going to stand behind I am better off buying something used. The whole thing just seems like the individual dealers stonewalling the customer. I think I will email New Holland themself and seeing what their position is. Thanks for everybodies help

09-09-2004, 09:09 Post: 96024
Billy

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

oneace, exactly how does NH warranty work pay? I know how JD pays.

09-09-2004, 12:22 Post: 96041
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Oneace, you're earlier statement "By the way they are not legally required to either different laws for cars and tractors." is not correct, and very misleading.

A warranty is not anything more than a legally binding contract between two parties, the manufacturer and the purchaser. In some cases a minimum amount of warranty is required by law.

Here in Canada the Kubota, for instance, warranty states as follows; "We warrant to the original purchaser, from the date of purchase, all parts (except as listed) of each new Kubota tractor, implements and replacement parts, purchased from an Authorized Kubota Dealer in CANADA to be free from defects in materials or workmanship during the appropriate period." and it goes on to lay out terms and conditions, such as "In order to obtain warranty repairs, you must deliver the product, together with proof of purchase, to an Authorized Kubota Dealer in Canada at your expense." and the interesting following point " Kubota Canada Ltd. does not authorize any other party,including Kubota dealers, to make any representation or promise on behalf of Kubota Canada Ltd. to modify the terms, conditions, or limitations of this warranty in any way.".

As representatives of Kubota Canada EVERY dealer IS legally required to do warranty repairs. Timing is another story.

This last point is sometimes VERY critical, I have had dealers refuse warranty work, or more particularly, refuse to DO warranty work. In one instance in particular, I had to get very forceful about it, when the dealer flat-out refused to do it I got the Kubota rep. on the phone, they told the dealer that my machine was to be the next one in their door or THEIR sign would be down by the end of the day. It was fixed in under an hour and I had a written apology from the dealer in a week.

A lot of dealers like to stonewall "non-customers", hoping to get them to go elsewhere. Doesn't mean it's right, proper or permitted. Like speeding, you only pay for it when you get CAUGHT.

Best of luck.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Thread 95939 Filter by Poster:
5picker 2 | alltime 4 | Art White 2 | AV8R 1 | bellaterra 1 | Billy 3 | brokenarrow 1 | cessna337d 1 | Chief 2 | dan 1 | earthwrks 1 | jack8265 1 | jamese 2 | jummping Jimmy 1 | lbrown59 4 | Murf 2 | oneace 8 | Riosman 1 | stevenc 1 |

Most Viewed

+ NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE $4200?
+ Boomer 2030 Price?
+ Possible strike?
+ My experiance with New Holland
+ New Holland TC-18
+ Ford 1620 Deal or No-Deal??
+ looking for NH compact tractor.
+ Price check TC30
+ 2009 nh 3040
+ New Holland/Kubota comparison

Most Discussion