Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD2210-Installing a 54 quot Mower Deck

View my Photos
mudpie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-04          87724

Several weeks ago while hooking up my box blade the mower deck fell to the ground. I looked down and saw that the height control knob was on install. I figured I had put it there by mistake. Thinking this was a good time to remove the deck for cleaning, I removed it and went about my chores with the box blade. Today I am trying to reinstall the deck. Following the operating manual I hooked the deck back up and raised it. It looked uneven and I noticed one of the adjust yokes had slipped off. I lowered the deck and slipped the yoke back on. When I raised the deck it went up and then crashed to the garage floor. Now the rockshaft control lever will not raise the lift arms. The rear lift arms are working fine but not the ones attached to the mower. Anyone else have this problem? Is it something I am overlooking or does it sound like a machine problem? I can only rotate the height control knob between install and lock. Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BH3131

2004-06-04          87740

Here is what happens to mine. The left rear arm for the 3 point controls the mower deck raising up and down. With your knob in the install position, lower your 3 pt. all the way down, from the right side of your tractor, raise it back up while pushing out on the left arm of your 3 pt. with your left leg (This is like twister). As it raises up you will see that the arm catches a mechanisim which is connected to an 18" long bar that is threaded on both ends (it is on the left side of your tractor just inside the rear wheel. That will allow the deck to go up. Now that it is all the way up, you will be able to set the height that you want on the knob. This is the only time that you can adjust the height. Attempting to do so while deck is not all the way up, will only lead to headaches, and a broken plastic knob. To avoid using this twister method, you can stick a bar across the lower arms and be done. Hope this helps ....

View my Photos
jdgreen

2004-06-06          87886

Your tractor should have been delivered with a spreader bar installed in the three point hitch lift links. This needs to be in place to prevent this problem. If your box blade came installed on the hitch when you bought it, maybe they forgot to bring it along. If an implement is not on the hitch, the spreader bar needs to be on. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login