Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 7 backhoe for JD 755

View my Photos
Norm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-18          3005

I have a JD 755 w/ a JD 70 loader. I want to add a JD 7 backhoe to do some light digging. Any views out there? I seem to be getting the message that 3 pt hoes will wreck themachine. Any used JD 7s available? I really don't want to lay out the cost of a new one. Thanks to all for this terrific forum and any specific help on this one. (sorry for the duplicate post - I'm new here)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 7 backhoe for JD 755

View my Photos

1999-04-18          3043

Howdy. I don't know the HP of the JD755, but believe it is similar to my Yanmar16 HP 4x4. As you probably know, Yanmar made the JD755. On this tractor I use a small 3 pt backhoe and do not have anyproblems.But I have heard of people who have broken expensive castings, and mydealer is a friend and he worries about my little tractor..... I am careful to use the special brace provided which fits under the threepoint lift arms and braces the hoe very rigidly. If the hoe is braced with this part then the load is more on the 3 point arms than on the attachment points to the tractor. Even so the little hoe throws the tractor around quite abit. I also have a 6000 lb JD530 with a category 2 three point and I use the hoeon this tractor more often. It digs much better with the heavier platform and although this is about the smallest backhoe that I have ever seen it can cause the big tractor to bounce when I'm pulling on a root or a rock. My advice would be to go ahead and try it, but go for the smallest hoe thatyou can find....and be cautious. Alternately, you can build a subframe under thetractor and plug the backhoe into this..Then it won't be able to hurt yourtractor. As far as the PTO driven pump, this is no problem at all. enjoy! Roger L. ....

JD 7 backhoe for JD 755

View my Photos

1999-04-18          3045

As far as the hoe without a sub-frame,I wouldn't waste my time.There is a great deal of force exerted on the tractor.Chances are that you would break something after a while.Hydraulics are stonger than your 3pt. hitch.Used ones should have a subframe if the unit is a JD,if not, they can be purchased.Go slow looking for one,look for bad pins+bushings in a used one.Remember,your tractor cost more than a sub-frame. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login