Go Bottom Go Bottom

BROOM ATTACHMENT TO 955 JD TRACTOR

View my Photos
David Kneip
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-29          27337

I have a JD 955 Tractor with a 59" JD Front mount Snowblower. I am loking at a 246 JD Front Broom for 955 , Can I use the same Mountings and drive from the 59"snowblower or will I have to take everthing off to put the broom on . Or is it Quick tatch between each other ? PLEASE HELP

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
turfman

2001-05-01          27625

I Just got one of these, the dealer said there were only 2 in the whole country......"dealer speak"!!!!!!! Anyway, when he did locate one it had been on the dealers lot for like 4 years. When it arrived, was missing the whole drive kit. I was not too happy but, as luck would have it, a friend of mine traded a 955 for a 4300 and the snowblower kit did not work on that machine. The snowblower did just not the driveshaft and mounting hardware. So he gave it to me just in case I ever got a blower. Instead I got a broom and the kit came in handy. I got kind of long winded here.....sorry. Anyway, you can skip the driveshaft part of the kit, but there is a mounting bracket that attaches to the front weight bracket that I don't know how different it is from the snowblower. Be aware, this piece of equipment is heavy and hard to handle. You need more counterweight than the blower, it is really far ahead of the tractor. If you have anymore questions let me know. ....

View my Photos
David Kneip

2001-05-01          27640

Did your sweeper come from Wisconsin? ....

View my Photos
David Kneip

2001-05-01          27641

Turfman, Did your sweeper come from Wisconsin? Do you like your sweeper ? It sounds like it is not real easy to take off and on . How much did you have to give for the sweeper without drive ?

Thanks for all your advise .

David Kneip ....

View my Photos
turfman

2001-05-03          27713

David,
The one I got came from the St Louis area. The price for the whole unit was supposed to be 3700. I am in the process of setting a final price. I am waiting to see what they come back with. You are right about it being a bulky, hard to work with off the tractor unit. I ended up building a platform with castors so I move it around off the tractor. I also don't use any other front attachments so the whole frame had to come off so I could put the mower back on for the summer. Anything else you would like to know just ask. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login