Go Bottom Go Bottom

front brooms or sweepers

View my Photos
turfman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-11          25370

I was wondering if any of you own the John Deere front mounted broom or sweeper? I will use it on either a 4400 or a 955. Also wondered what the cost was on it? Thank you in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

front brooms or sweepers

View my Photos
Dave Wells

2001-03-11          25373

Turfman, I have a JD 51" Front-Mounted Rotary Broom that I use on my 4100Hydro. My cost on it was $2151, bought new in July 2000. It hangs on a front quick-tach hitch, which also is the mount for a SnowBlower and a 54" Blade. I'm very happy with it. I got it to help me keep clean a fair amount of paved driveway. I've used it for sweeping dirt, small gravel, snow, and it does a passable job of dethatching my lawn. There's some other posts on here descibing how it mounts, etc. (Look under my name for all my postings.) Let me know if I can tell you anything else. Dave Wells ....

front brooms or sweepers

View my Photos
turfman

2001-03-12          25415

Dave,
Thanks for the help. I just ordered one today for my 955, seems the big fire at the deere storage facility cleared out the ones for the 4000 series. The price is higher than the one you have but it is much larger. I hope it works for what I am getting it for??!!?? I am gonna be disappointed if it doesn't. again thanks for your help. ....

front brooms or sweepers

View my Photos
Rick T

2001-12-11          33756

Just bought a new/used 51" broom for my 4100 hst. I am having some trouble installing the long driveshaft that hooks up to the mid PTO. The shaft runs at an angle from the left side at the front to the right side at the mid PTO. My question is that I cannot get the shaft the go up high enough to hookup due to a fixed steel hydralic line that is right in the way. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this? The local John Deere has never sold a broom or snowblower so he wasn't sure. He suggested to bend the line, but I don't think that should be done. Also I took the broom apart to check it all out, it was only used during the demo when it was originally purchased. It all looks very new. But I noticed that in the middle where the 2 broom meet there is a gear box. This box has some serious wear from the brissells rubbing. They have already worn the bolt heads almost in 2. This is from only a short time, maybe a couple of hours use. What could be wrong? There really are no adjustments. Should I build a steel plate to protect the gearbox? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login