Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 755 Power Beyond

View my Photos
flakedog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-29          101244

I would like to tap my hydraulics to use a three point log splitter. I would no think that it would be all that hard to do. If anyone can recommend a way to do this without buying the expensive factory power beyond unit, I would certainly be interested in you input.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 755 Power Beyond

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-29          101245

You can tap into a hydraulic circuit anywhere on the pressure side of the cicuit as long as the valve you add has Power Beyond capability. You will need the power beyond port to continue the pressure circuit, and exhaust the valve to the same port ( usually with a tee) as the original exhaust circuit.

There is a good power beyond circuit diagram on the Prince Hydraulics website. Go to the SCV valves and manuals. I believe it is page 13 of the manual that gives a typical Power Beyond Circuit diagram.

Hope that helps.

JD 755 Power Beyond

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-07          101808

If you want to add remote hydraulics to the back of your tractor, you need a $3 power beyond plug, and two hoses with fittings. The connections are made to the top of the casting just under the seat. Unfortunately, you have to take a lot of stuff off before you can get at it. If your tractor has an "SCV" (aka loader valve), it is attached in the same general area. Unlike the Kubota loader valves, there is no simple power beyond attachment to the JD SCV.

Ask your JD dealer if their service dept has the instructions to install the plug and hoses.

I have done this job on 3 955s and it is a PITA. 755 is probably the same. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login