Go Bottom Go Bottom

98 king quad suzuki 300

View my Photos
bemike61
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-14          174587

anyone have any info on 1998 suzuki king quad 4x4 300. i started having trouble after i ride for 5 minutes it loses power. it will start right up and idle all day long but when in gear it will not pull its weight even on level ground. i have drained gas tank with no signs of debris. i have looked on suzuki website about whats inside of gas tank. here is what i saw . one tube about 2 inches long looks like a brown straw in the area where the fuel leaves tank. then there was another tube just laying in bottom of tank about 4 inches long dont know where it belongs. there is a opening next to the short tube, but i have know idea if it belongs there or how i reinstall it. i was able to get the 4 inche out and put gas back in, but there was no change. when i rev it up even in neutral it acts like it not getting fuel and wants to die. any help. thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

98 king quad suzuki 300

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-15          174591

I'm not familiar with it, but you could check out a few things. You could have a clogged air filter (not getting enough air mixture for power), clogged fuel filter or debris floating in the gas line that plugs flow. If neither of those solve the problem, there are other suggestions. ....

98 king quad suzuki 300

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-15          174592

I had one like yours with same issue. Needs carb disassembled and cleaned. My throttle cable was hanging up too. Not sure about the tubes in tank. ....

98 king quad suzuki 300

View my Photos
jbjpam

2010-10-15          174595

I had a 2000 king quad and now a 2006 king quad.
I never had the problem you describe.
I suggest you visit the nyrocatv site below.
The suzuki forum is the best anywhere for getting good answers on anything King Quad.

http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=4 ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login