Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC45D Case DX45---Why no Mid PTO Option

View my Photos
Benjamin P. youman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-07-01          29742

All-Any one no why New Holland does not offer their 45 HorsePower Tractors with the Mid PTO Option. It is available on the 40 and I thought the 40 & 45 have the same frame size. Is their some interference issues with the 45 transmission/engine size that prevents having the MID PTO Option?Curious because the 45 would be nice for the extra power but in the long run don't know if I every will come in the need for a Mid PTO.Thanks in advance for knowledge/help?Benjamin Youman

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Rick

2001-07-02          29774

I have been checking into this. I have found out that the specifications on the mid pto are for smaller hp tractors. In other words to much power on the tc45 for the mid pto drive line shaft on the drop box could cause breakage and gear stripping and usatisfactory performance. This is why I was told it was not offered. info direct from my NH district service manager. ....

View my Photos
Benjamin P. youman

2001-07-02          29777

I have recently heard from the New Holland Dealership in my area that it was a more of marketing decision---i.e. most assumed that the 45 buyers would not want a PTO.

I believe the HP issue is a quick blow smoke up someone's ass type comment. The John Deere's have Mid PTO's in their 4600 and 4700 with HP equivalent or higher than the New Holland TC45d. I believe in the near future New Holland will offer the Mid PTO in the 45. Either case it makes my decision tough. ....

View my Photos
Rick

2001-07-03          29803

Hey you can call it what you want I am just quoting my district service manager!
What more can I say. ....

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2001-07-07          29864

I was told by my dealer that it was a marketing decision. He said that he was told that the old tractor guys look at a tractor with a mid PTO as "a smaller tractor". He has a very large dealership and is involved with all new models before they get sent out all over. I currently do not have a need for a mid PTO, but I didn't want to be in the position of having to buy a new tractor if I did in the future. I would of bought a TC45D if it had a mid PTO option.Instead they had to make less money off me and and sell me a TC40D. Concidering that the only differance is a different crankshaft, that is about $1200 lost on each guy like me.Some great marketing,Eh? Tom K. ....

View my Photos
DavidV

2001-07-17          30176

I bought a TC40D for this reason, wanting the future option of the mid PTO. I've since been given a very stong hint by the dealer that the mid PTO could be mounted to the TC45D, but the dealer is not allowed to do it. Can anyone verify this? Is the transmission the same? If so, then this is truly just some marketing hype.

DaveV ....

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2001-07-17          30179

Dave,
I did not look underneath myself, but my dealer told me that the transmission case IS the same for the 35/40/45 models EXCEPT the factory did not machine the opening in the case.For me, I don't think the extra 5 HP would have made any difference in any work so far. Tom ....

View my Photos
torrential

2001-07-27          30452

MARKETING DECISION! The trans. cases are basically the same. The option was to be considered for a DIA, but was axed due to the fact that it would require a substantial effort ($$$) to install the kit in the current driveline configuration. To have the kit be a bolt on accessory would penalize those who would never want the option by requiring basically unused mechanicals. These parts are substantial in cost and therefore deemed not necessary. The decision was correct at the time due to the unknown demand for the option. The TC40D was the guinea pig. It was a decision based upon value added to the customer. ....

View my Photos
Benjamin P. youman

2001-07-29          30495

How much money (approximately) would it cost and is it possible to add the Mid PTO on the TC45D? Is it even possible? ....

View my Photos
torrential

2001-08-01          30557

Is it possible? Yes. Is it economical? No. There should be a plate on the bottom of your transmission case. This is where the "drop box" will attach. This is the easiest postion of the assembly. I as mentioned earlier, there are internals omitted in an effort to reduce the overall cost of the vehicle. In order to add these part it will be necessary to "open up" the transmission. This procedure requires the removal of you operators station and seperating the driveline. This is the reason NH has decided not to have it as a Dealer Installed Accessory. There is substantial cost associated with it. If you are mechanically inclined and want to "open" up your new tractor, it is not impossible. If you obtain a parts schematic for a TC40D, you can determine the parts necessary. I would estimate that the parts will run about $500. This could be a gross under estimiation due to the fact that these parts aren't serviced frequently. They may also be difficult to locate. If you do the work, that is the end of story, for a dealer it will be a significant addition to the cost. There is a substantial amount of work and labor involved in this process. ....

View my Photos
DocHeb

2001-08-12          30909

It's interesting to note that the Case DX45 has a 2000 rpm mid mount PTO available. The DX series is a clone of the New Holland TC series (both made by the Italians!) ....

Link:   Case Compact DX Series

View my Photos
Benjamin P. youman

2001-08-13          30914

Are you certain...?

I believe the Case & New Holland are identical.

No factory optional Mid Mount PTO is available.

If you check the information you will find it is only for the 40... ....

View my Photos
DocHeb

2001-08-13          30916

Check the URL above. The Case web site states "The 2000-rpm mid-mount PTO is optional on models D25, D29, D33, DX35, DX40 and DX45. " ....

View my Photos
Rick

2001-08-13          30937

but if you check on the actual specification page it say not aplicable to the dx45 ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login