2004-01-13          73906

I have a 3130dt kobuta and i want to know if it will handle a 6 foot tiller

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tiller

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-13          73921

Art may have to jump in here and answer that question.
I'm not sure, I would probably recommend a 5' tiller. ....

tiller

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-01-13          73922

The CCM MR190 is a 6' gear driven tiller that will work on your tractor. They run about $1250. We also have a 66" tiller $1150 ....

Link:   

Click Here

tiller

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-14          73945

Ironpeddler, I welcome your input, experience, and advice. If you want to advertise, why not support Dennis and Tractor Point and take out an advertisement for your products like other dealers have done instead of misusing the board posting sections? ....

tiller

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-14          73948

Chief, I agree with you totally. I've posted similar comments to IronPeddler in the past but he seems to be content with spamming the board. I, for one, won't buy anything from spammers. ....

tiller

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-14          73953

I agree with both of you, I regularly, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, make no bones of telling someone that their post looks like an ad.

To his credit I do see that Ironpeddler has at least sprung for Premium membership, however so have several others who DO NOT ABUSE their membership.

In fact, a big round of e-applause to Art who regularly uses the phrase "your local dealer" in his posts even though his PAID ad is to the right of the screen.

If someone has advice or suggestions to offer, bring it on, if they want to advertise, they should contact Dennis.

Best of luck. ....

tiller

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-01-14          73955

I too have noticed that there are several people using the boards as their salesmen which I don't agree with either.

As far as Art goes, I would have never known he was a dealer without putting 2 and 2 together and seeing his add. Kudos to Art for not trying to sell everyone on the board something but rather help them.

I think the post should be removed if it is an ad. ....

tiller

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-01-14          73959

In recognition of his years of helpful insight (since 1998) into tractor ownership and operation Art White is an Honorary Member.

The link we show on all our pages is NOT a paid ad but simply the least I could do to in some way attempt to repay Art for his enormous help.

If only others would follow his example.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

tiller

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-01-14          73960

I agree with you guys. Art is one of the group I'll dub the "Tractor Point Big Five" who regularly contribute sound advice to neophytes like me. I'm sure he has to take his salesman hat off for most of his postings.
Dave ....

tiller

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-14          73966

I really enjoy having Art here too. His posts are always informative and helpful without him plugging his business all the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him because he doesn't abuse the forums. Besides, it's fun to tug his chain from time to time :)

tiller

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-14          74005

Thanks guys! I think the other dealers might figure they couldn't get a word in edge wise! I don't consider myself but a sales advisor. If I can help someone get the best buy for them that is what I do for them. It helps me from being here to better know the tractors themseleves as well as what customers are looking for. The gain of knowledge is definitely two way here! ....

tiller

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-01-14          74006

Sorry you feel that I am abusing the board. $80 a month is worth it, if you are in position #1 like Corriher. I did pay for the Premium membership. I would be interested if Tractor Point would adopt some different advertising options. I would be interested in a rotating banner. I have sold some implements in the northwest but usually the logistics of selling & shipping one implement is too expensive from the South to the Northeast. As far as spam I usually only respond to another's post not initiating the first post by saying XYZ implements are $ XX ....

tiller

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-14          74008

I heartily second Kens statement! And tugging on Art's chain is half the fun of posting on the board! Art indeed contributes a WEALTH of knowledge and experience that I follow and learn from one a daily basis. You go Art! ;o) Now if we could only get Art into tractor color therapy to get him over his fear of green paint. ;o) ....

tiller

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-15          74025

Chief, I have no problem with green paint! There is a time and a place for everything! I enjoy there trade-ins and they look good on the other side of my driveway with the other used equipment. I often tell people that they bought a good piece to learn from before they buy the one they want to keep. You'll love this Chief but nearly all day yesterday was spent on the Farmall's!!!!!

tiller

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-15          74040

I can't believe that nobody jumped on Chief's passion for hats from the dealer.....

I figured he (like me) already had a lifetime supply of green hats, even if they aren't that bright sexy JD green..... LOL.

Best of luck. ....

tiller

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-15          74048

How about that 5' tiller for this guy! With a hydro you might be able to a bit more do to the speed changes you can do. Part of this is the type of soil you will be using it in. If it is not hard then you could go more width. ....

tiller

View my Photos
WillieH

2004-01-16          74251

Darrell -

I do not see why a 3130 would not be able to handle a 6' tiller, however, having said that, realize that every application is different. By that I mean every tiller manufacturer offers a tiller that weighs slightly different than the next guys. The application itself, whether it be opening virgin, hardpack clay, or soft wet mushy ground will offer different results and will dictate what weight unit to proceed with.

I have been using a 5' tiller from "Befco" for nearly 17 years now on a B5200 Kubota. It offers light weight specs, that will afford a "good ride" with the tractor, however still offering a proper soil penetration. (No, I am not a dealer for Befco or any other make, just like to advise what has worked well for me) Again, the unit desired is application dependent. Let us know what you plan on tilling for a better assessment of sizing.

Willie H. ....

tiller

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-01-17          74265

WillieH,
The key is the operator. The amount of experience one has in a using both your tractor and a tiller is where you gain the knowledge to bet operate the combination unit. Ground speed, engine speed, soil type and tillage depth all have to do with how the operator will use the tiller. Look for a tiller in your tractor's HP range. Trust the MFG because they have likely tested and know what is a safe capable HP range of operation. There are many good choices or tillers out there, I hope you at least look at the CCM Gear Drive tillers. ....

Link:   CCM Gear Drive Tillers

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors tiller

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login