Go Bottom Go Bottom

western NY - JD2210 and imps price check

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-23          62502

Just visited my dealer yesterday for prices on JD2210.
Tractor - $9895
62" mower - $1590
FEL - $2150
2 stage 47" snow blower - $2750

He said these prices included everything needed for mounting. In hindsight, I should have gotten a little more info on that statement.

What do y'all think of these prices? It didn't sound like there was much room to haggle; is there?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
quincy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-23          62534

Those prices seem about right, my base tractor price was 9400.00, loader was 2200.00, I would also get the rear ballast box to counter the fel, when heavy work is being performed 150.00 ....

View my Photos
quincy

2003-08-23          62535

I also forgot to tell you I am from outside Philly, where the home of tax free shopping (DE.) was more then happy to deliver me my rig 50 mile for 100.00. Better then pa state tax.06%

View my Photos
cecil1

2003-08-31          62981

I'm considreing a JD 2210 w/accessories. Buying in Deleware would save me about $600 for a day's round trip with trailer. (I'd do it frequently for that.) Could you give me dealer's name? Problem with service from local non-selling dealer? Routine servicable by anateur? Tanks. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-01          62983

Quincy the dealer should have delivered no charge! I have NEVER heard of a dealer charging to deliver a $15,000+ piece of brand new equipment. 50 miles is not excessive.

Cecil1 the problem you will encounter is how quick your local dealer will take care of your warranty issues, if you have any.

If you have mechanical skills and buy the shop and part manuals you will have no problem with most repairs.

My 4400 whent back to JD 3X for updates and to install 48 BH I was never charged once for that service.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-01          62987

In regards to delivery charges most dealers here deliver for free. The one dealer I ran into that charged delivery fees had rock bottom prices on larger machines so the little delivery fee was not worth consideration. If you buy elsewhere and you feel a local dealer gives you slower service the cure for that, at least for most of us is simple...go to another dealer next time you need service :) I have rarely purchased any of my trucks in the area that I live due to high prices. I may not have been first in line for service once or twice but never have I received poor service because I was not takeing it back where I bought the vehicle. Dealers are getting paid from the factory for warranty service and should welcome your buisiness any way they can get it. Theese are the prices I paid. Dave
2210 $9,950
FEL 2,000
iMatch 220

View my Photos
Skeet

2003-09-01          62993

In eastern KY I payed 13,350 for 2210, fel, 62" mower, ballest box, and hood guard. Delivery was free, and any service done on mower they come to pick up and return for free. They say JD won'r pay them mileage, it's just a service they provide. ....

View my Photos
tk_csa

2003-11-27          69776

Buy yours yet? If you haven't call Kevin at Charles Oliver & Son, Canaseraga NY 607-545-6411. They were the most competetive price I found and where I bought mine. ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2003-12-19          71684

I paid $13,805.00 for my 2210 (w/ hood gaurd), 62c deck, FEL (w/ rear ballast box), and an LX4 cutter w/slip clutch. Had to wait about 5 weeks for delivery, but it's been worth the wait. ....

View my Photos
callaway2u

2004-01-01          72865

So what did you pay for your 2210 in NY ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-01-01          72867

Calloway, if you're asking me (original poster) I didn't get a JD in western NY. Didn't like their attitude, so ended up at Kub/MF dealer and bought a MF GC2300. ....

View my Photos
wdruth

2004-01-26          75110

I live in Eastern Pa near Reading and have been activly pricing a 2210 with FEL (and ballast box) along with a 54 inch mid-mount. I connected with a JD dealer out of Columbus Ohio for $12,148.22 and $200 for an imatch rear hookup. The best part about it is that I can drive there and not pay the sales tax ($728). The dealer's number is 614-879-6620, you can get your own quote from them.

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2004-01-26          75139

44trxfun,

Did you feel like you got a good deal on your 2300? Here in the Idaho/Oregon area I can get a MF 2300 with FEL, MMM and tiller for $13,900. About the best I can do on a Kubota 2230 and JD 2210 is 14,400. and 15,300. respectively. I can get a NH TC24D for about 17,200. The thing I like about the NH is the extra weight, tire size and loader lifting capability. Are you happy with what you can do with your loader on your 2300?

Dave in Idaho ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-01-27          75165

I ended up buying at the end of August last year. The tractor was $8200, FEL $2400 (slightly used; otherwise $2500), and mmm was $1700. I didn't price a tiller, but may end up with one this spring. There wasn't much wiggle room in these prices. Dealer included 50-hour service. Said they had to charge for pickup and delivery even on warranty work, but they'd try to minimize it. They're about 40 miles away, so I understand they've got some money into a trip out here. I haven't really tested my loader with a lot of weight, but it's done fine moving some dirt and pleny of snow, some pretty wet and heavy. It's really a solid tractor with a few limitations.

Firstly, there's no real position control with the GC2300. For blade/tiller work, you may want to give this some serious thought. I'm not real tall; the 3PH lever ends up being right under the bend in my knee which gets kind of awkward, especially if you're turned to look at the rear implement. The fuel fill cap is pretty small which makes filling from 5-gal cans kind of awkward. Finally (and I just found this out) the block heater Massey says would fit the GC2300 doesn't. I just had a lower radiator hose heater installed in lieu of the block heater.

By the way, where is Middleton ID? I just moved here from Elk City area a few months ago. Good luck with your search. ....

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2004-01-27          75237

44trxfun, thanks for the feed back. Some of the things you point out on the 2300 do concern me. I have done quite a bit of pricing but I have not set on or tested any of the subcompacts because none of the dealers here in SW Idaho or Eastern OR have any in stock. I will probably have to go to the Portland, OR area to do that.
Middleton, ID is about 20 miles west of Boise and 6 miles north of Nampa/Cardwell. Out of curiosity what were you doing in Elk City and how did you end up in Western NY? The agency I just retired from, Federal Highway Admin. was involved in rebuilding the Elk City highway so I have been to the big town of Elk City.
Thanks again for the info. ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-01-28          75277

dk, I grew up in NY Finger Lakes area, but lived out west for the last 20 years -- MT, OR, WA, and most recently, Elk City ID. I worked for the Forest Service there for the last five years. My mom is now 81 and I decided I wanted to be closer to her. It used to be a full two-day ordeal to get to see her. It would take 4-5 hours just to get to the Spokane airport! So now it's a 2-3 drive to get to her place.

I was pretty hesitant to leave the west, but it's growing so fast with so much "progress" / so many people, it feels OK to be here. Being as close to Boise as you are, surely you know what I'm talking about...

Good luck with your tractor purchase. If you have any additional questions about GC2300, feel free to E-mail me. I'll tell you, it's a great snow-blowing machine (which will come in pretty handy today!). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login