Hydraulics Won t Work: Yanmar Tractors  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review Hydraulics Won t Work: Yanmar Tractors -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

parts   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Yanmar Tractors Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-07-2017, 09:55 Post: 197167
victory51

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Hydraulics Won t Work

My 1500D Yanmar hydraulics just stopped working. It was leaking fluid before by the starter and then all of sudden the hydraulics just stopped working altogether. Would this be a hydraulic pump problem? Did a seal bust because it's leaking fluid on the bottom of the case. Any help will do. Thanks.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo | Share This
 10-07-2017, 11:57 Post: 197168
lsheaffer

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Hydraulics Won t Work

Was it leaking from the suction line? It could be sucking air

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo | Share This
 10-07-2017, 13:49 Post: 197169
oldchevy1

Hydraulics Won t Work

I have a JD 650 which I believe is a rebranded Yanmar. I have had air get into my hydraulic lines because I have a whole somewhere in one of the lines. Anyway, sometimes when I park my tractor for a while and then start it up, the hydraulic activited devices will not work. I end up having to bleed the air out of the lines by loosening the big nut on top the hydraulic unit that sits just under the seat. With the tractor running, I loosen that nut with a breaker bar and right size metric socket. You can hear the air escaping then suddenly with a sputter it will spit out a mixture of air and hydraulic fluid. I quickly tighten the nut after the fluid starts flowing out. I have learned to pack the area surrounding the nut with mechanic rags to catch the spray. I also put a catch basin under the tractor directly under the seat. It will make a huge mess, but it will allow me to operate the hydraulics. When I mean spray, it sprays everywhere. Use old clothes and eye protection. I have started replacing hydraulic lines trying to fix the problem with air getting into my system.

10-07-2017, 20:01 Post: 197173
victory51

Filter by User
 Hydraulics Won t Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsheaffer | view 197168
Was it leaking from the suction line? It could be sucking air

How do you know where it might be leaking? I don't hear anything but again the tractor is on so will check. Thanks for the info.

10-07-2017, 20:02 Post: 197174
victory51

Filter by User
 Hydraulics Won t Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchevy1 | view 197169
I have a JD 650 which I believe is a rebranded Yanmar. I have had air get into my hydraulic lines because I have a whole somewhere in one of the lines. Anyway, sometimes when I park my tractor for a while and then start it up, the hydraulic activited devices will not work. I end up having to bleed the air out of the lines by loosening the big nut on top the hydraulic unit that sits just under the seat. With the tractor running, I loosen that nut with a breaker bar and right size metric socket. You can hear the air escaping then suddenly with a sputter it will spit out a mixture of air and hydraulic fluid. I quickly tighten the nut after the fluid starts flowing out. I have learned to pack the area surrounding the nut with mechanic rags to catch the spray. I also put a catch basin under the tractor directly under the seat. It will make a huge mess, but it will allow me to operate the hydraulics. When I mean spray, it sprays everywhere. Use old clothes and eye protection. I have started replacing hydraulic lines trying to fix the problem with air getting into my system.

Thanks that might be it because I did loosen that fitting when I replaced a seal in the front of the transmission. I will try that and see if that will fix it. Thanks.

10-08-2017, 00:42 Post: 197175
lsheaffer

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Hydraulics Won t Work

If there is a hose on the suction line that is where I would look first.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Yanmar Tractors Forum

Thread 197167 Filter by Poster:
lsheaffer 2 | oldchevy1 1 | victory51 3 |

SEARCH

(Advanced Search)

Picture of the Day
jobone

Shop Tools - Things you should have in your toolbox
Things you should have in your toolbox

Recent Posts without Replies
   Tractor Weight Box
Recent Topics with Activity
   Tractor dies when put in gear
   Remembering when I joined TP
   How to bleed injectors after r
   Why soil Testing is a Waste of
   How do you know if you need a
   Kubota L4330 GST won t move
   Cub Cadet 6284 Hydrostatic dip
   Best way to Maintain Gravel Dr

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Yanmar 1500 how to operate
+ What are wet disk brakes
+ Yanmar 187D information
+ Yanmar 1500 Diesel Tractor
+ YM 1500 transmission fluid change
+ yanmar 1500D overheating
+ Roger Whats so great about Yanmar 336D
+ Top 5 things to do when bringing home a new tracto
+ Yanmar 155d