Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
victory51
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-10-07          197167

My 1500D Yanmar hydraulics just stopped working. It was leaking fluid before by the starter and then all of sudden the hydraulics just stopped working altogether. Would this be a hydraulic pump problem? Did a seal bust because it's leaking fluid on the bottom of the case. Any help will do. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-10-07          197168

Was it leaking from the suction line? It could be sucking air ....

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
oldchevy1

2017-10-07          197169

I have a JD 650 which I believe is a rebranded Yanmar. I have had air get into my hydraulic lines because I have a whole somewhere in one of the lines. Anyway, sometimes when I park my tractor for a while and then start it up, the hydraulic activited devices will not work. I end up having to bleed the air out of the lines by loosening the big nut on top the hydraulic unit that sits just under the seat. With the tractor running, I loosen that nut with a breaker bar and right size metric socket. You can hear the air escaping then suddenly with a sputter it will spit out a mixture of air and hydraulic fluid. I quickly tighten the nut after the fluid starts flowing out. I have learned to pack the area surrounding the nut with mechanic rags to catch the spray. I also put a catch basin under the tractor directly under the seat. It will make a huge mess, but it will allow me to operate the hydraulics. When I mean spray, it sprays everywhere. Use old clothes and eye protection. I have started replacing hydraulic lines trying to fix the problem with air getting into my system. ....

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
victory51

2017-10-07          197173

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsheaffer | view 197168
Was it leaking from the suction line? It could be sucking air
How do you know where it might be leaking? I don't hear anything but again the tractor is on so will check. Thanks for the info. ....

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
victory51

2017-10-07          197174

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchevy1 | view 197169
I have a JD 650 which I believe is a rebranded Yanmar. I have had air get into my hydraulic lines because I have a whole somewhere in one of the lines. Anyway, sometimes when I park my tractor for a while and then start it up, the hydraulic activited devices will not work. I end up having to bleed the air out of the lines by loosening the big nut on top the hydraulic unit that sits just under the seat. With the tractor running, I loosen that nut with a breaker bar and right size metric socket. You can hear the air escaping then suddenly with a sputter it will spit out a mixture of air and hydraulic fluid. I quickly tighten the nut after the fluid starts flowing out. I have learned to pack the area surrounding the nut with mechanic rags to catch the spray. I also put a catch basin under the tractor directly under the seat. It will make a huge mess, but it will allow me to operate the hydraulics. When I mean spray, it sprays everywhere. Use old clothes and eye protection. I have started replacing hydraulic lines trying to fix the problem with air getting into my system.

Thanks that might be it because I did loosen that fitting when I replaced a seal in the front of the transmission. I will try that and see if that will fix it. Thanks. ....

Hydraulics Won t Work

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-10-08          197175

If there is a hose on the suction line that is where I would look first. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login