lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-26          99276

B U M P ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-26          99281

I think it is user preference. I prefer ramps! On light duty trailers the hidden ramps are convenient or an expanded metal tailgate with re-enforced tread areas. Heavy duty trailers go with pivoting ramps. ....

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
TomRoberts

2004-10-27          99373

I designed and had built/helped build a 5th wheel 18' tilt bed trailer. It was designed to be able to load 4 toons of small bale hay (alfalfa) and tilt the bed and pull it off with a cable or rope. It works better than I had ever dreamed. I can pull up to the bed and push the rear of the bed down with my kubota m4700 bucket and just crawl right up. I included a damper cylinder (that will someday be a power tilt cylinder) that keeps the bed from slamming down when I reach the balance point. No ramps to load up,no wheel wells to dodge, just throw the latch chain up and go. I love it!!!! and I would do it again with just a few changes.
Tom <>< the Rock Picker
Let the Son Shine in. ....

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-27          99375

P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S ! ! ! ....

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-28          99379

TomRoberts: that sounds like a neat trailer, post some pictures if you have time. I've got a 25 ft. goose neck beavertail. It works nice with the tail up to haul really long things, and also works nice with the tail down and slide out ramps for loading. It would be nice if the beavertail were hydraulic rather than crank up, but I guess there is a fine line between what we really need and what we can afford. One of the neat things I've missed since we no longer have cattle is the smell of fresh alfalfa. Frank. ....

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-28          99395

I have 16'12k tilt trailer. An 18' would be more ideal but fortunately it has a very long tongue and I'm able to put my bucket over the bed and behing the jack. I've only used it a few times now for hauling my tractor so I'm no trailering pro but it's nice not to have to mess with heavy ramps. Having an assist on raising the bed would be the cats meow in my opinion. ....

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
TomRoberts

2004-10-29          99487

It is a challenge to get home early enough to get pictures this time of year. And the weather hasn't been cooperating. I haven't tried this link thing yet so this is experimental for me. Hope it works.
Tom <>< the Rock Picker
Let the Son Shine in.
P.S. Hardwood how do you like your landpride Quick hitch? ....

Link:   tilt bed With Tractor

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
TomRoberts

2004-10-30          99504

I have posted some pictures of my trailer. Let me know what you think.
I took a look at your pics and I saw the Land Pride quick hitch what do you think of it. Is it easy and convienient? Is it loose or does it hold an implement that would bounce and vibrate a lot tight enough, ie a rototiller. Does the implement that you are putting on have to be alligned exactly? Does it make the emplement a lot longer so that a pto shaft won't be long enugh???
Enough questions
Thanks TomRoberts <>< Rockpicker
Let the Son Shine in

TIlt or Ramps

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-30          99507

TomRoberts: I know it's something I'm doing wrong as I'm not the most computer literate fellow on the block, but I wasn't able to make your pictures come up. One of the boys will be by the house later and he'll know how to make it work. I don't know if you were asking about my Land Pride quick coupler or someone elses, but here goes. Quick hitches aren't perfect, but there a far cry from lining up pins in 3 pt. arms. It helps a lot to be on a level surface. Usually when changing from one impliment to another the top link of the 3 pt. will have to be adjusted either longer or shorter not only for hitching up but to level the tool for proper field operation later. I don't have one but there are hydraulic top links available that would likely make it even more convenient. After you've did it a few times it becomes pretty routine. Far as PTO shaft length, so far I've not had anything that was too short. This part has been hashed a few times before about quick hitch brands, but I bought Land Pride because of their adjustable upper hook. As cat.1 3pt. hitches were being developed nobody seemed to set a standard as to the distance between the axis of the lower pins to the axis of the top link pin, so an adjustable top hook comes in handy for that. I'm sure other brands offer that feature as well. Far as play in the hitch system because of the extra hitch points being involved, the is bound to be some, but not enough that it's a big deal. Have a great day. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login