Go Bottom Go Bottom

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-24          110277

THis week I'm going to look at a new Big Tex Trailer for my JD 2210 Tractor. I'm looking at a 7x14 6000 GVRW model (car hauler, tandem, with brake). No in my area carries this brand so I'll need to travel nearly 90 minutes to see one. THey look good on the internet site and I've "listened" to others on this site speak of them from time to time. Anybody own one or have experience with them? What's the paint job like? Can I put sides on it? LIst is $1600 - is that fair?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-24          110281

Price sounds pretty good, all things considered. I have never seen ANY trailer with a quality paint job, LOL. Even the most expensive trailers have cr*ppy paint. ....

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
dfkrug

2005-04-24          110286

You got that right, AV8R!

I recently picked up my new trailer (made to my specs, 6x12 with steel deck, 2 axle, sides, brakes, etc) and they did not put ANY paint underneath! Just raw steel, exposed to the elements. BTW, this unit cost $1750 out the door, with license, tax, etc. The paint on top was just crappy, but at least there was paint! ....

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
plots1

2005-04-26          110351

I have a 18 foot 12000 lb. Big Tex. It's a really nice unit. the paint could be better but it's not all that bad. well built trailers you'll like it. ....

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
kskwash
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-27          110399

Ive got a Big Tex trailer and it has done a good job for me. It's a 16 foot 7000# capacity, tandem axel with brakes. Like the others, the paint could be better, but what trailer couldn't be. It will do a good job for you. ....

Big Tex Trailers

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-27          110401

Thanks. I'll be looking at one today. I've decided that looking at trailers is a lot like looking at women. You might see great one, but you always have an "eye" for another model. LOL ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login