Go Bottom Go Bottom

tire removal

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-04          78838

I have one tire leaking and one that is still filled.
I plan to empty both and to new tube them. Any tips on how to get started emptying the tires and also getting the tire off the rim? I am well into the repair of the 9N/8n.
Yes! I have a hybred #^!**&$ that sound was my head hitting the key board (again) Ordered all kinds of parts to get her in the best shape I can (I may even keep it now!) Found out again (I knew this at one time or anouther) That I have a 9N frame and body and an 8N engine
(wonderfull huh!) Thanks for any advise you can give>

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tire removal

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-05          78862

There's likely a company that does mobile ag tire work in your area. I'd track it down maybe through a dealer and get a price for the work. My tires aren't loaded but I hear that doing it yourself is a major pain and just making a phone call to have somebody drive out and do the work can be a real bargain.

I've heard of valve stem adapter gadgets for filling tires but I'm not certain if there's anything special for draining them. I've heard of people running over tires with light trucks trying to bread the beads loose--sounds like a pain.

As a sideline comment, an old farm tractor trick I've heard of for plowing is to run only one tire loaded or tires with different traction. The idea is that plowing places different loads on the rear tires so the 'light side' is set up for more traction. For other uses that means that the unloaded tire is going to do all the slipping and tend to wear out one side of the diff. ....

tire removal

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-21          80660

Brinly makes plows for garden tractors and they say to place 100 pound on the left side and 50 pound on the right. Because the right tire is always in the furrow and the left is on unbroken ground. They also suggest 50 or more on the front. I found our why. I hit something and the front end came right off the ground. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login