Go Bottom Go Bottom

turf tires and wheels for JD 4200

View my Photos
brett chitwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-18          5276

I have JD 4200, would like to have a set of wheels for the front with turf tires ,currently have R-4 tires on front and they skin yard up a little.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

turf tires and wheels for JD 4200

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-18          5278

Brett,Not really sure if your just telling us,or asking for advise or to buy a set fron someone.When I ordered our 4100, I was torn between the 2 types. Went with the R4s,but ordered a set of front Turf tires/rims, but told him to wait on the order, because I may opt for the rears as well. In hopes that someone will order it with turfs and then decide on R4s/R1s, for a reduced purchase price on the extra set of Turf tires/rims. The front Turfs and R4s are marked as the same size, but readers have cautioned me about using different style tire combos (Rear R4s W/Front turfs). This setup is perfectly fine for 2wd. The problem may come in when the rear R4s are starting to wear, but the front R4s are still next to new. I don't know what to think. When looking at a new B2100/2400 Kubota, They all had one style turfs up front, another style on the rear. Plus the Dealer recommended these funny looking turf/grip style tires called "Terra" or something named like that, and they are quite different in tread design and appearance.I hear its a no-no on the big units, but no-one seems to definitely KNOW for the compacts.Anyway, the JD dealer quoted me $270 for the front tires/rims, I'm sure that was list cost.Not sure if I answered your question. I think you'll be a little hard pressedto find someone only selling the fronts turfs. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login