Go Bottom Go Bottom

tire filling

View my Photos
greg h
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-10          4943

i have a dumb question, how do you get antifreeze in a tire, iknow how to get plain water. any help would be appreciated.thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tire filling

View my Photos
Keith

1999-06-10          4945

Had a flat tire the other week and drove the tractor to the tire store in town. (It's about a 2 mile drive and the tire was holding up well since it had lotsa' fluid in it) The guy deflated the tire, drained as much water as possible, and then separated the tire and tube from the rim. After installing a new tube, and the same old tire, he remounted it on the tractor. Then, he added the antifreeze with a small funnel. No magic there!! After that, it was just filling the water in with the little hose adapter and adding some air. Away I drove, right down mainstreet Saluda! ....

tire filling

View my Photos
Kevin_SC

1999-06-10          4946

I took a small pump-up sprayer, took the sprayer end off(leave the valve intact). Went to the local auto parts house and got a tire filling attachment and some hose to connect to the valve. Put your antifreexe in the sprayer pump it up, connect the hose to the tire valve (remove the schrader (sp?) valve)and let it rip. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login