Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet

View my Photos
ajax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-11-07          33014

Am looking for a complete set (tires and rims) of ag tires for my cub cadet 7275. However I am looking to obtain them without ordering them new from the manufacturer ($1400). I would like to find a good used set if possible or perhaps there are other sources to find comprable tires and rims. The factory ag tires used on this cc are the Goodyear Power Torque. The size are front 7.2-16R1 and the rears are 12.4-24R1. These tires will be used on a limited basis depending on the season so I do not want get into major $$$. If there are any thoughts I'd like to hear them. thanx

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-11-07          33020

Tractor wheels are much more standard than car wheels. Chances are yours uses a standard wheel. Take a look at the wheel and rim page at www.millertire.com. When I was looking to change over they quoted me a price for tires and rims that was very reasonable. ....

Cub Cadet

View my Photos
TomG

2001-11-09          33047

In buying tires for a 4wd tractor, you should be aware of the axle wind-up issue. The idea is that the front and rear axles have to put about the same amount of rubber on the road or one-set of tires ends up being pushed along. A 'wound-up' axle puts continuous stress on tires and drive train components. It also makes shifting and engaging the 4wd difficult. Many tractors are designed so the front wheels 'lead' the rears a bit, but lag or excessive lead should be avoided. For this reason, manufacturers specify matched tire sets. However, what is important is the 'rolling circumference' of a tire and actually determines axle lead or lag. Tire size should be close, but I've heard that some variation in the rolling circumference of tires of the same size does exist. Of course, load vs. tire pressure also affects rolling circumference. The lead/lag of an axle can be changed quite a bit by tire pressure. Anyway, Roger's suggestion is pretty good, and even if the exact tire sizes can't be found.. People do run tires sets that aren't identical to manufacturer specs and manage any mismatch through tire pressure. Rolling circumference actually can be measured but probably is seldom actually necessary. ....

Cub Cadet

View my Photos

2001-12-18          33892

I have a kubota 3010 with 22 hrs and it has R1 ag tires that I would like to replace with R4s. I am not sure if the rims and tires together would work for you, but I am interested in selling the complete set to help with the purchase of a new R4 tire and wheel set. I am pretty sure the tires are 7.2-16 and 17.4-24. I will verify today and respond if you are interested. I am located in Hillsborough, NC which is about 50miles west of Raleigh,NC ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login