Go Bottom Go Bottom

tire ballast

View my Photos
Robert Weiler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-19          25664

What do you do with a dealer who sells you Tire Ballast, and come to find out he only put water in your tires???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tire ballast

View my Photos
mbjacobs

2001-03-19          25667

How much did he charge? Water is all I have in my tires and that's all I want. Too many problems with the other options. Luckly I live in an area where I don't need to worry about freezing. ....

tire ballast

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-03-19          25668

Are you sure? Before doing something irrevocable dribble some out the valve and taste it. You won't soon forget the taste of calcium chloride. A little won't hurt you; its just a strong-tasting salt. Commonly used on roads and sidewalks for snow removal and thus enters the food chain in huge amounts.
Frankly, if freezing weather isn't a problem then maybe he did you a favor. I don't care for the CaCl at all. Much rather have water and a little eco-antifreeze. As far as a change in weight, It is difficult to get more than 20% extra weight by adding CaCl. And I've only been able to get a specific gravity of 1.3 by mixing it in the lab. At that high of a concentration it begins to precipitate out when you look at it crosswise.

tire ballast

View my Photos
Robert Weiler

2001-03-21          25696

$200.00 for both rear tires. & Yes. I'm sure it's water. Last winter I had problems with it freezing, and everyone said I was crazy cause Cal. Chl. won't freeze. Then the other day I noticed my left tire looked a little low, when I checked the presure, the liquid looked like water so I tasted it. It is in fact nothing but H2O. This dealer in Chattanooga has realy done me wrong & this isn't the first thing I've found wrong. The tires never did seem to have any weight to
them. I wonder if New Holland cares??? ....

tire ballast

View my Photos
kay

2001-03-21          25699

Have you thought about going to your State agency (equivalent to Better Business Bureau) and filing a complaint? Also contact NH and report the dealer. Sounds like fraud to me. You have a right to be PO'd, big time. ....

tire ballast

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-03-21          25700

Well Bully for You for tasting it. That makes it hard to refute. Frankly, I still think that you are better off for having pure water in there for a couple of reasons. One is because you won't have to worry about flushing it all out when you drain it and install wheel weights. Maybe the dealer would be willing to apply the $200 to the price of the weights?
The other reason is that you now have the makings of a funny after dinner story to share with your friends. And laughter bests anger in all ways.... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login