Go Bottom Go Bottom

Industrial Tires

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-03          2346

When or where are industrial tires better than Ag tires?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2351

Hi CB,It's tough to say one is better than the other, as this depends strictly on the work you will do with your tractor. I chose industrail tires for a couple of reasons. They have a wider profile than Ag tires which lowers the tractors center of gravity. I live in the foot hills of the Smoky mountains so side hill stability is a concern for me. The second reason I chose Indust. was that they don't damage grassy surfaces as badly as Ag tire but provide better traction than turf tires.Hope this helps,Art ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2352

Art is right on target here. Industrial tires on compacts generally are used as a compromise between the aggressiveness of ag tires & the frustrating lack of traction that turf tires can afford when asked to. ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2363

Those were the same thoughts that I am having, but I did not know if anyone had put those assumptions to the test.I was also woundering how bad the Ag tires really bite into turf since compact tractor tend to be on the lighter side. I have a yard tractor for cutting my lawn, but I will have to drive the tractor across the yard to cut the meadow on each side of the house. The land seems fairly hard. I used a Ford 555 backhoe last summer and it did not dig in very much when I drove it across the yard. I bet the 555 weighs 3 times as much as a compact tractor. ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2373

Ag tires, and to a degree, industrials do their worst damage to turf while turning, the faster & sharper, the more damage. Crossing in a more or less straight line does little harm. ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-05          2439

Rick do you think that the traction with the turfs have been greatly improved due to most models being four wheel drive or do you think that this would onlygive marginal improvement...have the chance to buy a leftover tractor at a greatdeal but it has turfs on it i will be doing mostly horse farm related dutieswith some mud in the spring but relatively flat land thanks for the imputRich ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos
Jonathan

1999-04-06          2460

Turf tires and R4's can fill up with mud, since the gap betweenthe tread is so close. An AG tire is designed to drop mud, with large gaps and agressive tread angles, enabling much better traction in mud, soft dirt, etc. Turf tires filled with mud will simply spin. I had this wonderful experience with a skid steer in mud. Not the same class of machine or tires, but I learned my lesson. For soft ground you'll be much happier with the performance of AG tires. For grass, much happier with turf tires. ....

Industrial Tires

View my Photos

1999-04-06          2498

Personally, I would not purchase Turf tires unless I had a need for the delicate footprint they provide. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login