Go Bottom Go Bottom

ford 1320 rim size

View my Photos
eddie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-16          21558

I have a 1320 ford with 13.6-16 turfs on them. I want to switch to ag tires. Does anyone know if ford uses the same rim width for a 12.4-16 ag tire as opposed to 13.6-16 turf tire. My dealer says yes, I just want to be sure before I go out and buy 12.4-16 ag tires. The actual rim width is 12" x 16" high.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ford 1320 rim size

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-17          21569

Sorry I don't have an answer. My 13-1710 repair manual section on wheels and tires doesn't give rim widths. However, I believe that many tires can tolerate a fair variation in rim widths, and a tire dealer should be able to say.

I'm commenting to point out something maybe you've already thought about. If your 1310 is a 4wd model, the rolling circumrances of the front and rear tires are important, because they affect the front/rear axle drive ratios. A mismatch can create a lot of power hopping and can be hard on the front wheel drive train. Rolling circumfrance is different than a tire's circumfrance. I know the Ford recommended rear tires for my 1710 are 16" turfs and 24" ags. I don't know if there is a 16" ag tire that has a rolling circumfrance close enough to my turfs to keep the lead/lag ratio within limits. Again, a tire dealer should know. If you know this stuff, then maybe my comment will help somebody else.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login