Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire Chains

View my Photos
Jim Piersol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-06          18558

I fear we're in for a nasty winter given the cold and rainy summer(who knows) but I'm thinking of getting chains for the back of my Ford 1620. Any good deals out there or should I just buy local and save shipping costs?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire Chains

View my Photos
TomG

2000-08-07          18570

Here's a web site that has chains. I haven't dealt with them, but several people said that they were satisfied customers: http://www.tirechain.com/

I spent enough time last winter sorting out the chains stuff that I realized that I got through most of the winter without them OK. I'm using a Ford 1710 (4wd) with turf tires. I plow a little, but mostly use a blower on frozen gravel. I don't know if I'll get chains (all wheels) or not. ....

Tire Chains

View my Photos
Brad Sauter

2000-08-29          19244

I bought from tire chains.com and was pleased with the service. Unfortunately (or maybe not) I have never had to use them on my B2150 with turf tires. 4WD just always did the trick. My new B2910 has R4s so I definately will not get chains. I will be selling my old ones. You might thinkabout whether you really need them. ....

Tire Chains

View my Photos
Jim Piersol

2000-08-29          19272

Brad, I used my tractor last year for plowing snow with my backblade. Not an ideal setup but affordable. At times I had 4 ft drifts in my driveway and although the tractor cleared it it was a chore. A lot of spinning even with differential lock. I bought the chains and they have to help. We'll see. ....

Tire Chains

View my Photos
Brad Sauter

2000-08-30          19290

Jim, I think in your case chains will be a big help. I live in central Indiana so our snow is not that bad. We do get some big drifts from across the county road at the entrance to our place and I seem to get through it OK, albeit a little slower. My new B2910 that was delivered yesterday has the R4 tires so I will definatly have more bite this winter. I will be interested in seeing how they do. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login