Go Bottom Go Bottom

make of compact tractor

View my Photos
1timefarmer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-18          93816

I am considering buying a 18-25HP compact tractor with a FEL - want something only 48" wide. Would like a 48" rear snow blower also.
Main use would be snow blowing/removal in town - hence 48" width for sidewalks etc.
I have looked at: John Deere 2210, NewHolland TZ24DA, Massey Ferguson GC2300, Kubota BX2230
Does anyone have any very good/bad experiences to tell about any brand?
They all seem very similar - Kubota loader not rated as heavy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

make of compact tractor

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-18          93836

Haven't had a bit of trouble with my BX2230 so far. It's been a great investment. I think that the BX is a bit smaller than the others you listed, maybe the reason for the lower FEL rating. I have not had any issue with the FEL not being strong enough. I've used it to do all the 3/4" river rock landscaping on my property and maintain a short gravel drive, among other little jobs.

Why get the rear snowblower? Having tried both, the front is so much better, well worth the extra cost.

Lots of Pictures below. ....

Link:   My Website

make of compact tractor

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-19          93842

1timefarmer. Another vote for the front mount snowblower, especially if you're doing sidewalks. Stick with the big three, NH, Deere, Kubota, I don't know much about Massey except that their parts seem to be the highest priced in the industry. Out of the big 3, pick your dealer first, they all build good equipment, but your relationship with your dealer can make your purchase fun or misery. A good dealer may not be the absolute cheapest in initial price, but you'll get your moneys worth in the end with superior service. My opinion is that the big 3 have equipment that is tops in the industry and basicly equal in quality so the biggest thing they have to offer you over the other two colors is service. I'm a green person, but looked at blue before I picked the Deere, and haven't been sorry again because of their great service dept. Welcome to the world of compacts, the greatest stress reliever since the fireplace. Frank. ....

make of compact tractor

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-19          93849

Another vote for checking out the dealer. It is such an important part of being happy with your equipmennt and the whole experience.

There are subtle differences between the machines, mostly having to do with the operator station and the way the controls are set up. Make sure you sit in all of them and test them out. You will find the one you are most comfortable with. I have Orange, after having spent a lot of time checking and testing all three. It came down to the dealer for me. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login