Go Bottom Go Bottom

which do I need Kubota B20 vs JD 955

View my Photos
Chip
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-03          8482

I have found a fair price on both the B20 and the 955, they both have approx. equal hrs 950. The B20 has a backhoe and loader and is a "95" the JD a loader and is a "92"the B20 was a rental and in good condition, the JD a one owner in very good condition. I plan on using the tractor for tilling a 1 acre garden and snowblowing, some dirt work and an occasional use of the hoe.Will the B20 with the lower PTO horsepower be enough for the tiller and blower? Will the 955 be able to support an aftermarket backhoe well? Which would be my best choice? Thanks Chip

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-10-03          8485

Chip; By all means, go for the 955. Much more hp both engine and pto. The JD 55 sieres were made to handle a hoe with sub-frame. Also the 955 was a 1-owner machine and more than likely better used than the rental. I have a 755 and have found it to be a hard working machine.David ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-10-03          8501

Without a doubt, I would do the 955 all the way. That is one of the best compact tractors John Deere ever made. ....

View my Photos
art

1999-10-04          8510

Chip the kubota will out dig the deere it is meant to do industrial work. But the work you seem to have is home owner work. the loader won't come off the kubota as it is an integeral part of the tractors chassis. Yes you can run the tiller and blower. If you wanted to buy the kubota and get all your excavation work done and then swap off again that might work but you don't need that heft of a unit for what you are going to do. ....

View my Photos
Duaine

1999-10-07          8624

Chip, I recommend additional considerations with your search. I recently had an opportunity to pit my newly aquired Kubota B7300 w/loader and backhoe head to head against a JD855 in a 3 day emergengy "dirt" contest. (We had to clear about 300 yards of dirt because of a disconnect with the building dept.). The JD855 belongs to my brother and is equipped with a loader and backhoe as well. The smaller, lighter more nimble B7300 has a lighter lifting capacity with front loader, but it's speed made up for that. Now the big part (for me at least), the backhoe on the JD is severely under powered, the B7300 (smaller, lighter, less capable) out dug, out pulled, just flat out performed consistantly for the entire 3 day period, the "lower" PTO hp was not noticed. If you really want a tractor, you may want to consider a slightly smaller unit made by Kubota for a lower cost, and gain performance. Now the plug for the dealer where I got mine: Carver Equipment gave me a great deal, and shipped it to Washington State on time and on budget. Excellent service and integrity from a dealer 3000 miles away... ....

View my Photos
Darin Mitchell

2000-01-13          11917

Hello,
Boy isn't all this exciting? You know looking to buy your first Tractor (out toys). Except when it comes down to really not knowing what the heck to do. I have been looking now for awhile and am still undecided. What I am looking for here is some input on which to buy. I know I haven't told you what I will be using the unit for but am wondering what you think about people not telling the truth on the hour meter. The reason why this is in my head is because of a deal that I might end up doing and hopefully not regretting. It is a 1998 B20 with 300hrs, 90% tires, & paint touched up. This was a rental return with storing outside spots (rusty ROPS, & etc.), but the general condions seems to be fine. Mind you that it is about 600 miles away from me so I am looking a pictures mailed and internet. He will deliver this to my doorstep for $13,700. Please tell me if this is a good deal and whether I should be sceptical about doing this. Thanks in advance.

Darin

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-01-14          11933

that is a really good price for that unit. is it a tlb? a 955 does not really match the b-20 as the b-20 is a industrial machine and the 955 is a normal compact tractor. The use of the tractor is what you need to consider. A low price is not always a good deal. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login