Go Bottom Go Bottom

jd 750

View my Photos
beaner1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-06-21          39741

I just bought a 750 w/front bucket and jd-7backhoe for 9300.00. What ami limited to with the tractor and backhoe? How hard is it to disconnectthe backhoe and use the three point?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jd 750

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-06-22          39750

Sounds like a nice buy. I would get a owners manual ordered soon. There are often things mentioned in them that we come across that are forgotten in normal conversations that might help you. ....

jd 750

View my Photos
Paul Fox
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-06-22          39752

Welcome to the 750 owners club!

That little machine will do an INCREDIBLE amount of work, if you go about it right. Major limitation is that the machine is pretty light, and you'll run out of traction long before you run out of power.

I have a Woods 3-point backhoe on mine, goes on and off just like any other 3-point implement. I'm pretty sure the JD7 uses a subframe mount, so it will take somewhat longer to get on and off, and you'll want to be sure and block it in the appropriate position carefully so it won't shift and you'll be able to get it back on easier. Practice will help, but I suspect you won't be throwing it on to dig one small hole to plant a bush in like I do ":^)

Trick to working with the 750 is to take lots of small bites. I've used mine to clear 3 acres of brush, build driveways, dig foundation holes, I've lost track of the acres of fields I've mowed with it, dug stumps, tilled gardens, you name it. It takes a little longer, but the little dude will do about anything.

The factory manual, as mentioned, is a good investment. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login