Go Bottom Go Bottom

First time buyer

View my Photos
Sam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-21          14022

I'm a first time buyer looking for a place to start. I'm looking at New Holland equipment, mainly because I have an uncle who has sworn by them for 30 years. I'm also thinking I'd like to go diesel. I was looking at the Boomers as well as the "Compact Diesels". The job I'm buying the tractor for is maintainance of a 3 acre home. The lot has about 1 acre of wood and the rest is open and flat ending with about 175 feet of waterfront. I mention the waterfront because along with it is about 1/2 acre of wetlands that need tendeding. The maintenance will include mowing, snow removal on about 300' of drive, and other gereral duties. I'd rather go too big than too small. The whole thing may sound like overkill, but I lost a leg in a hunting accident, and will be doing the maintenance myself. Any input would be appreciated, starting at what size, right up to preferences between the Boomers and Compacts. Also any pricing insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

First time buyer

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-03-21          14024

Hi Sam;
I'm a disabled (part-time) micro farmer myself. Well I'd like to be. I have a John Deere 755 compact tractor. If you would give me more info on your disability (ie leg loss) I may be able to help you with tractor info. I have been following these tractor forums for almost 3 years now and have learned a little about tractoring and the major brands and adaptations that may be available. If you would like you can e-mail me at the above link (dsg in blue).

David ....

First time buyer

View my Photos
PaulB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-23          14075

Also check out the Carver site (banner ad above) as they advertise special needs conversions available ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login