Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor reccomendations

View my Photos
Harry Webster
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-28          12291

Hi Guys, I recently bought the 5 acre lot ajoining our existing 5 acre horse farm and am looking for a tractor to use in clearing the new lot. The lot is completely wooded and I want to clear about 3 of the 5 acres to eventually put up an indoor riding arena and pasture. I am thinking that a backhoe may be the best tool to dig the stumps, but I also want to be able to use the tractor for general maintenance around the farm including leveling the ground, snow removal, loading manure into pickup trucks, post hole digging etc. I have about $10,000 to spend and am looking for suggestions as to make /model/hp/year.Let your imagination fly, I plan to spend the winter looking! Harry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractor reccomendations

View my Photos
PaulB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-29          12334

Harry - sounds like you need 2 different machines. If you get a monster big enough to do the clearing work, you will be stuck with a tractor too big to be handy around the horse barn, and a gas hog to boot. I have 5 horses, 10 acres, and an indoor ring, and I find I need maneuverability more often than I need power. Have you considered hiring out the heavy work, then buying a machine better suited to your long term needs of fence maintenance, dragging the indoor ring, moving manure, bringing hay and water out to the pasture, etc? ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login