Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
dave cravener
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-10-23          32626

I have been researching tractors for our property. The Jinma 25 HP seems to fill the bill (price & performance) Does anyone have experience with this brand and with dealers who sell Jinma?thanks in advance,dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
TomG

2001-10-24          32639

I don't have comments about the tractor. However, I will note that dealer support and parts availability are important for many owners. The availability of an extensive established dealer network is worth the extra cost of one of the 'Big 3 or 4' to many people. I can do a fair amount of maintenance work myself. However, I'd have to have a really really good deal before I'd risk not being able to phone my dealer to order a part, get something fixed, listen to advice on an implement etc.. For that reason, there are some really good tractors that never made much of a market impact in N. America until they started being called JD or Ford. It must be heat breaking to be a small manufacturer, maybe putting out a superior product, and having to sell it at a deep discount for lack of a dealer network. The thing is that almost every owner needs help sometime, and a dealer is where help come from. It's worth the price when it's needed. I got my initial budget down to manageable size by going used mid-80's Ford compact. To pare the budget more, I could have gone to older Ford or JD utility or farm tractors. In either case, there would be somebody listening if I cried 'help.' One the other hand, if a budget is pared too much, then an owner is crying help more than they are working the tractor. I believe that’s true for both used and new tractors. ....

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
jb85302

2001-10-24          32646

Some have had good luck with these tractors...most have not. They tend to lack good fit and finish and somtimes have porous castings that always stay wet with oil. The electrical systems are usually a source of trouble and the parts when available are as much as the big three. You might consider a grey market Yanmar an older Big three model or a New Kioti. I bought a Yanmar and have been very pleased with it. You should be able to get a 24hp 4wd for around $5000. ....

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
dave cravener

2001-10-24          32654

Many thanks! I would be interested in a used well-maintained 1990Õs Kubota, Kioti or Yanmar with FEL. I will continue the search. DC

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
TomG

2001-10-25          32658

Guess I've got to qualify what I said. This morning on another board I read a comment from somebody who was looking for sources of new or used crankshafts for a Ford 1300. He said his NH dealer told him the part was no longer available from NH. The dealer suggested he might have luck with a supplier in Japan--Shibaura I imagine. I recall some months back hearing that NH had ceased parts support for pre-62 or 63 Fords, but the 1300 is a late-70's/early-80's tractor. I haven't heard any sort of NH corporate announcement about further erosion of parts support for Fords, but maybe there is cause for concern. It's not very comforting for me since I own a 1710--one model newer. I wonder if all this cutback stuff happened since former Case executives took over senior NH position after the Case/NH merger. Anyway, I hope I'm not looking at a corporate policy of stealth in dumping support for the Fords. Well, I've got to order a flasher so maybe I'll ask my own dealer. Anyway, maybe through no fault of their own, NH dealer parts support for their older tractors isn’t as great as I thought. ....

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
Rick

2001-10-25          32664

We have not had our pre 1963 parts discontinued. they are still available to us. New holland has also reinstated some parts that had been discontinued years yearlier for these tractors because of the latest restoration craze. so I dont know where you got your info but it is false. the following part numbers are for the crankshaft sba115256180 which subs to sba115256340 this crank shaft was used in the 1100, 1200, 1300, and 1110 tractors you should have your dealer try a dealer search for this part to see if any other dealers might have it. if not you might have to find one in a junk yard. hope this helps you out. ....

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
TomG

2001-10-26          32671

Rick: The info came from a several day thread on one of the old tractor boards around a year ago. Several people said pre-63 parts support was discontinued, and nobody disagreed. There are pro mechanics and some generally knowledgeable participants on the board. Other discussions speculated about the NH/Case merger. A general take is that Fiat made NH available for acquisition because they were unhappy with its profits. A group from the NH division and from Case put an offer together and acquired NH from Fiat. The CEO came from Case, and headquarters moved from Holland to the States. Some people speculated how much interest the new company would have in compacts given a senior management from Case. Of course, any or all of this could be wildly wrong. It was just idle talk. I'm obviously very happy if the information is incorrect. I’ve grown attached to very good support for my mid-80’s tractor. Even so, the general discussion was that parts availability wouldn't disappear even without direct NH support. There are enough Fords still working to sustain a market so suppliers would likely keep stocking parts. It just wouldn't be as easy as calling your dealer who looks up a part number in the NH system. Anyway, thanks for the info, and I'll pass the parts numbers etc. to the person with the 1300. ....

Jinma Tractor

View my Photos
ChinaBestProducts

2002-08-24          41578

If you want DIY and save money, check this site
www.chinabestproducts.com ....

Link:   China Best Products

Go Top Go Top

Share This