Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yard prep

View my Photos
Cliff Addison
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-20          13987

I am wondering what is the best way to prep a yard for seeding. I am considering a tiller or a pulverizer. I am sure both have their advantages. Any comments or suggestion are welcome. Anybody ever built a pulverizer?TIACliff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yard prep

View my Photos
Kevin in KS

2000-03-20          13992

Is this a new lawn? If so, the best thing to use would be a pulverizer if there is no grass or weeds. If you have a lot of grass and weeds till first and then use the pulverizer to level and prepare your seedbed. If you have any other questions let me know, I do this for a living. As far as building a pulverizer I've never done it. If you are just needing it for your lawn rent one from a rental yard, they rent them by the day and you really shouldn't need it more than a day at a time. ....

Yard prep

View my Photos
Cliff Addison

2000-03-21          14004

Kevin,

This was actually for a re-seeding. I hauled in some dirt and then also had to tear up some existing grass for over seeding, been dealing with some nasty clay soil. I used a harrow to tear things up a little then applied seed and fertilizer. I followed up by using a hog panel to smooth the ground and then rolled everything, now all I need is mother nature to help out.

I am considering buying a tiller and a pulverizer to do some seeding work in the area. Do you use a seeder or broadcast your seed, I am sure the results vary between the two. Thanks for the input!---Cliff ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login