Go Bottom Go Bottom

25-30pto hp compact tractor wanted

View my Photos
Scott Kimmich
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-28          13240

Help! Can someone give me an objective comparison of the 4 popular 25-30pto hp tractor brands. None of the dealers in my area seem very motivated to sell a tractor. They're all asking an arm and a leg for 'em. Guess they like the way they look on their lot. Is anyone motivated to sell their 50-750 hour late model tractor for a reasonable price?? Looking for a: Massey Ferguson 1240 or 1260, a Kubota, a John Deere 790, 4300 or 4400, or a New Holland 29 or 33 hp Boomer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Scott

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2000-02-29          13249

Scott, I don't know if you will find anybody with first hand knowledge of all four brands. I have a Massey Ferguson 1250-4. I looked at Kubota, New Holland, John Deere and Cub. Of all them, the MF looked the strongest. It is built more like a full size tractor than the others IMHO. I have put 360 hours on it in 5 months, with no problems. I have used a backhoe, box blade, grader blade, bottom plow, hole auger, bush hog and the loader. These have been used in hard red clay soil with lots of rock. Having said all this, the tractor has performed with out a flaw. Would I buy the MF 1250-4 again? Yes, with out a second thought. ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-02-29          13253

Scott, you probably can't go wrong with any of the 4 brands. I looked at and priced all of them in 1995 before buying a Kubota B7100. Last year I traded up to a Kubota B2710. I went with Kubota because of price, proximity of dealers, reputation for durability, and it FEELS right to me when some of the others did not. I have a cousin who bought the New Holland instead, and I wouldn't trade with him and don't think he'd trade with me. Try to drive each one, then buy the one you LIKE. If there's something you don't like when you test drive it, it probably won't get better with time; you'll just always be disappointed. ....

View my Photos
Keith Daniels

2000-02-29          13265

At the risk of getting booed off the board,if price is an issue have you considered a Grey? I have a Yanmar 2500 that I am extremely happy with.Yanmar made some JD compacts in the past and still makes the engines for some of them.There are many models to choose from and most are offered in 4WD.Mine is a 2WD and I could not be happier with the little dude.It had 1034 hours on it and I paid 4600.00 for it...just a thought....I am including a url to a pic of me on it if you are interested in seeing it.And no,parts are not a problem,don't believe everything you hear... ....

Picture Link
Tractor Projects 25-30pto hp compact tractor wanted

View my Photos
Keith Daniels

2000-02-29          13266

link didnt work..think this will...sorry... ....

Picture Link
Tractor Projects 25-30pto hp compact tractor wanted

View my Photos
Keith Daniels

2000-02-29          13267

stinkin link wont wotk...sorry ya'll ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login