Go Bottom Go Bottom

Replace seals on NH7308 bucket cylinder

View my Photos
choltz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-30          94982

Does anyone know how to get the bucket cylinder on a NH 7308 loader apart to replace the seals? I've got the kit and an exploded diagram, but apparently NH doesn't have a service manual for the 7308. The outer nut on the cylinder doesn't screw into the casing, it screws onto the "cylinder head" inside. I can't figure out how to hold the cylinder head in order to remove the nut (which conceals a snap ring). Please reply short (I haven't paid the money to read "long messages", or reply directly to me at choltz_at_orbitworld.net. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-30          95004

There is a retaning ring that needs to be pulled out in order to remove the cap. ....

View my Photos
choltz

2004-08-31          95054

Is the ring in front of the wiper seal? I see something there, but it looks like cast iron and I assumed it was the top of the cylinder head that the big nut screwed onto. The wiper seal seems to go in behind it. I took a photo, but at the moment I don't have anywhere to post it. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-08-31          95143

Never had occasion to take one apart but I'll take a shot. By cylinder head I wonder if you're referring to what my diagrams call the shaft-guide? It is a slug that threads into the cylinder body that the shaft runs through.

I imagine a part like a shaft-guide would have a retaining ring as Oneace says. Look for two metal 'ears' with holes in them that lay flat on the guide around the outside. You'd need retaining ring pliers. Also look for two shallow holes 180-degrees apart. If present, there are special wrenches for such things. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-31          95149

Send me a private message and I will return with my e-mail address. Then you can e-mail me the picture and I will circle what needs to be done and e-mail it back. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login