Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket hook up

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-18          91256

This weekend I droped the bucket to install forks and noticed that the pistons that dump the bucket don't seem to move togather(right side moves a bit futher the left side)Is this a sigh of a bad piston are something. was lifting full loads of wet dirt with no problem so I wouldn't think it was bad but no sure? Almost like it was out of time.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket hook up

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-18          91258

I think you are saying you were moving the pistons free ended. If thats the case, there probably isn't anything wrong. With no load on the piston, the cylinder closer to the control valve will probably run faster, since it is closer to the power source. The longer line to the far cylinder means more line losses and will run slightly slower with no load. As pressure builds in the system from load, it will roughly balance between the two cylinders, ....

bucket hook up

View my Photos
plots1

2004-07-18          91259

Thanks BEAGLE, that sounds like that could be it. there was no lack of power but wasn't sure why it would do that. ....

bucket hook up

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-19          91286

In addition, fancy expensive volumetrically matched cylinders are used for some applications. I doubt they'd be found on CUT loaders though. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login