Go Bottom Go Bottom

bleeding

View my Photos
Rich M.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-15          57718

Installing a new Bush Hog 2346qt on my Ford 2810. Any special procedure for bleeding the lines or caution tips. Thanks. Rich

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bleeding

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-16          57733

I'm guessing the loader came with the hydraulics and instructions specific for the tractor.

Bleeding air from components in most tractor hydraulic systems isn't much of a problem. Air is pushed through to the reservoir where it bubbles out of the oil before it's pumped again. Generally you just connect the lines, start the tractor, move the bucket and cylinder to the limits of their travels in each direction. Cycling in each direction is a good idea. Cycling is just holding a valve open at the end of the loader's travel for a few seconds after it stops and the relief valve opens. If the cylinders aren't charged with oil they will charge from the tractor reservoir, so the oil level has to be topped up when finished. Oil levels are usually checked with everything fully retracted.

If you are using either tape or liquid sealer on threaded fittings, it's only used on the upper third of the threads. Otherwise it may be exposed to the oil stream, break off and obstruct the system. Routing of the hoses should be done carefully if there are no instructions. Improperly routed hose can become pinched in moving parts. Hoses that are too long, have sharp bends or the wrong angle fittings can fail due to excessive vibration and flexing.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login