Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland loader installation

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-06          56851

I am considering buying and installing myself a 16LA loader for a TC45D. Somewhat mechanically inclined, but not real familiar with hydraulics. How difficult, and how much time can I expect this to take? Is it worth a few hundred bucks?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-09          57219

First time worst case 6 hours. Should be about 4 hours. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-06-09          57223

That sounds encouraging...would I need to bleed the hydraulics, or do they self bleed? ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-06-09          57224

I looked at this and said that I would get back to you. The brackets look straight forward and the kit should include everything that you need for the install.

I will check to see if their are any special notes on bleeding the system. I suspect that you do not bleed the system, since dangerous pressures are involved. You would work the loader up and down a few strokes to clear the air out of the cylinders. But, I will check for you.

Remember to get some extra hydraulic/transmission fluid. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-09          57226

The hydraulic systems are self bleeding and should not be a problem. ....

View my Photos
spark123
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-27          64990

They will self bleed after you cycle them a few times ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-28          65006

It shouldn't be necessary to use tape or liquid sealer on new hydraulic fittings. If you do use sealer, only apply it to the upper third of the threads so it doesn't extend into the oil flow. There are torque values for fittings and if you don't have a feel for it, it's good to use a torque wrench. Too tight and they may not seal very well if they are ever removed.

For my own loader, I found that it's handy to have a drift punch for lining up pins and loops. The pin ends on my loader are almost square. I found that CAT I 3ph link pins worked OK as drifts--the upper link pins if I recall. Put one in from one side of a loop and it lines things up well enough to get loader pins in from the other side. You may not have this problem with a new assembly. I had to remove pins to replace some grease zircs. The bucket shifted enough on blocks to throw off the alignment.

Quite an aggravation until I discovered the 3ph pins. My own drifts weren't quite big enough, so a drift extended all the way through the loop before if it hit the taper to align things. Then, I couldn't insert the loader pin from the other side. Suppose I could have driven wedges under the blocks to hold the bucket in an aligned position. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login