Go Bottom Go Bottom

4 in 1 loaders worth the extra cost

View my Photos
AmyAndy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-30          46737

Friends, I need advise on whether to get a 4 in 1 loader. I plan to buy my first compact utility tractor in the next couple of months. Probably the NH TC45. I own a 15 acre farm with barns and a horse pasture which has not been used for several years. Alot of shrubs to remove and a very old wooden fence that needs repair. I'm considering buying a 4 in 1 loader which should allow me to pull old fence posts out of the ground, pick up shrubs and branches, and level the ground inside one of my pole barns with the scraper. I've heard that a 4 in 1 costs about 1k to 2k more and is also heavier than a regular loader. Is it worth getting? Do the added functions warrant the increased cost and weight? Are there any downsides to getting a 4 in 1? I'd appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-12-31          46743

There are two threads in the archives that can found with a '4 n 1' search string. There's some info there.

Many people like 4 n 1 buckets as long as they're aware of the extra weight and somewhat reduced lifting capacity to start with. The idea sounds pretty good, but I really don't know how well they work for leveling or grading work. A box scraper with hydraulic top-link is how I do that kind of work.

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-12-31          46749

4 in 1 buckets are worth every penny. They are just the ticket for clearing brush and other debris. Pulling fence posts becomes a one man job. Itis also very handy picking up stones. Just roll the rock to the top of the ground and then clamp on to that puppy! A 4 in 1 will also let you dump into a higher truck, since there needs to be 0 clearence to alow your bucket to dip and unload. Just open that sucker up! There is not enough room here to give all examples of use.

Leveling the dirt floor in a barn is a different story. The FEL does not have as much control as a box scraper (specificly with the hyd. top link).

I highly recomend the 4 in 1. I have not sold one yet, when the customer does not thank me later.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login