Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket arms won t lift plow blade

View my Photos
rad09con
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-01          160034

I plowed snow the other night and everything worked the next day I went out to clean up and the bucket arms would not lift the plow blade. The bucket arm down pressure and bucket dump will lift the front end off of the ground and hold it. I tried switching the hoses around so that the lift/lower hoses were attached to the dump/curl ports on the control valve but the arm still wouldn't lift the other functions remained the same as before. The hoses disconnected reconnected normally nice smooth movement and clicked into place. I don't know a lot about hydraulics I think this would eliminate the valve control body as a source of my problem. Next I checked the hydraulic oil, the level is fine but appears a little milky. Last summer I broke a steel hydraulic line and I replaced the oil with a bargain brand that was supposed to meet jd specs. Could this be the source of my problem. Any one with any thoughts I would like to hear them

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket arms won t lift plow blade

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-02          160043

Isn't this a continuation of another thread you already started about the same issue? ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login