Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader cylinder

View my Photos
ford1710bh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-10          113226

How do you get nut off of the cylinder? Turning with pipewrench the nut turns but its not unscrewing from cylinder. Thanks for any info

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader cylinder

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-20          113704

Is the nut a stamped sheet metal piece? If yes, you may have to cut/grind or pry it off. If it has this type of nut most likely it has a retaining ring or clip set in a groove under the nut. The nut is used to draw tight the gland against the ring/clip so that it doesn't move. The way to remove the ring is to extend the rod several inches, disconnect the hydraulic lines to relieve any pressure, then use a brass hammer to tap the gland back into the cylinder. The clip should be just under where the nut was (assuming you removed the nut and that the nut is covering the clip. The clip might be a solid, round wire, or even a flat, spirally wound spring clip which will need some finessing to remove. Once the clip is removed pull the rod out. The piston will serve as an internal hammer to tap out the gland. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login