Go Bottom Go Bottom

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
shinefeak
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-25          110323

Hi,
I just ordered a L3830 with FEL with HD bucket. I didn't spring for the cutting edge. My usage will residnetial in nature and figured I could always get one later if wear became issue.
Anyone else have an opinion?

PS Maybe Art could chime in with a price to help with the cost vs benefit.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-25          110335

I do like the extra support that you get in the center of the bucket to keep them from getting sprung but for normal residential use I have difficulty in saying that it is needed. Even with my commercial boys with over 1500 hours of loader use on the original they maybe worn back to the original lip but not likely. You will find them around 200 for the L's bucket. ....

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
tractorbrad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-01          110565

I can't speak od the advantages or disadvantages of a cutting edge as one came on my bucket but having a toothbar has been a real plus in my book. It truly makes the fel much more versatile and useful. ....

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-05-01          110569

I wasn't aware of this till a friend of mine replaced his cutting edge. A local steel yard keeps it in stock and will cut it to your length. He just cut the old worn one out and welded the new edge in. It looked real nice, but he is an excellent welder. Likely most steel outlets have it, I just wasn't aware of it. Frank. ....

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
Art White

2005-05-09          110890

Kubota on their heavy duty round back bucket offers an additional bolt on cutting edge that is at least 1/2" thick depending on model and hard! This adds a lot of reinforcement to the cutting edge from bending or flexing when lifting highly concentrated loads. Their standard bucket does not have a bolt on option but as the edge wears if attention is given soon enough they can have a new weld on added to it in about an hour or so depending on choice or type of attachemnt or the old could be removed and the replacement welded on. When adding the additional cutting edges, the type of bucket teeth as an addition might be limited if there is need for them. ....

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
Boomerang

2005-05-11          110947

It is best if you put a cutting edge on when the bucket is new. If you install a cutting edge when the bucket is worn, it will not fit tight to the bucket. The bolts can pop from dirt getting in between the bucket and blade. The dirt acts like hydaulic fluid and separates the two pieces. ....

FEL - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
Art White

2005-05-11          110950

It would be rare with normal diging and proper cleaning prior to installation for that to happen. There are applications that do demand it and there area those times it just might be over kill. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login