Go Bottom Go Bottom

4 in 1 bucket for NH 7308 loader

View my Photos
sprobst
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-16          100402

Does New Holland make a 4 in 1 bucket for a 7308 loader/TC30 tractor? If not, which manufacturer makes 4 in 1 buckets for NH.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-16          100409

That loader can not handle the stresses exerted by a 4 in 1 bucket. SO no New Holland does not offer one. And if you get one some where else use very cautiously. ....

View my Photos
JParker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-16          100418

oneace

Help me understand the "additional stresses" imposed by a 4-in-1. Its a little heavier, so you have less lift remaining, and it shouldn't be used as a bulldozer, but what do you mean?

I have one on a B7800 with dealers approval. It's mainly been a bucket that can bite brush for hauling to the pile and some small 3-6" stump pulling which it was only so, so at.

What are the worries? I don't want to over stress something either.

- JP ....

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-16          100422

1 of the 4-in 1 is bulldozer. You can't ram any harder with the bucket open than closed. If my dealer honestly said my loader was not to be used with a 4 in 1, it would be the very next poorly engineered piece of junk listed on ebay. ATI attachments makes a very nice light duty (for use on compact tractors verses skid steers) 4 in 1 bucket. http://www.preseeder.com/. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-11-17          100477

Not sure about Kubota loaders. But One of the 7308 loaders lifting limit is the size of the bucket. That is why NH has never offered any thing except the normal 60" bucket for as long as that loader has been made. (about 15 years) and why it is now being phased out. If a bigger or heavier bucket is installed the you will be able to lift more. The relief valves in the control valve protect only against shock loads. The main circuit relief is set mainly for 3pt and aux. hyd. so your ass will be in the air way before the main circuit relief valve opens with a heavy load. Hence the mandated bucket size and lack of optional attachments. ....

View my Photos
JParker

2004-11-23          100825

OK, I see some of it. The 4-in-1 I purchased is about the same size as the stock bucket.

I have had the rear end come up a few times, but you learn to lift slowly if you aren't sure of the weight.

But this has happened with a bucket of gravel as well as with gripped loads.

I have loaded rear tires, and sometime have a grader box on. I don't want any more ballst, because I don't want to over stress the frame; although I would assume the relief would kick in before I could damage the frame on a straight lift. Once you have it lifted and are driving across the field, I guess the potential shock loads are another story.

I take it you saying that it is assumed a 4n1 will be used to "over lift" fairly often.

I will admit that may be a valid assumption. I'll try to keep that in mind. The same should probbably be said for all of us that have welded hooks on the bucket or have fork attachments as well.

-JP ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-11-23          100857

JP: I believe that there was a string about a "broken" tractor a while back which was a NH. This sparked the debate on FEL stresses and how the relief valves were set vs the bucket size. Oneace, being a NH tech was very valuble with his 1st hand knowledge there. Do a search on this, it may be valuble to you. ....

View my Photos
JParker

2004-11-23          100864

Found the link. Here it is if interested.

It gets better around page 2.

- JP ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-11-25          100997

Also remember that most 4-in-1's have a longer/deeper bottom which effectively decreases both lifting and breakout forces---the longer the distance from the lifting arms or bucket pivots, the less power is avaiable regardless of weight of load or attachments. I have skid steer with an industrial grapple sort of like a 4-in-1, but no dozer. It weighs a good 800 lb. If you ned something to pick up brush, consider buying an aftermarket grapple kit--a guy on e-bay makes and sells one for less than $400, and all you do is weld it to the top of the bucket and hook up hydraulics. I made a brush hauler attachment for my backhoe out of 1" sq. bar spaced about 4" apart and 5' long that looks like a big grate (or a multi-tine manure fork) with a lip that grips the cutting edge and goes under the bucket. 3/4" bolts hold to the bucket along the back. I can pick up about 5 yards of loose brush at a time. Also good for sifting rocks, picking up trash, building material debris, and fire wood chunks. Cost about $200 to make. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login