Go Bottom Go Bottom

King Kutter

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-01          89835

I don't want to beat the provervial dead horse, but is the consensus on the King Kutter XB series implements (spacifically box scraper) that they are okay for non-professional use? What I mean is for lighter use around home, not to make a living with.

The local farm supply stores (Mills Fleet Farm) has the XB box scraper on sale for $249. Cheap compared to Land-Pride or other higher quality equipment. Just wondering if they are worth the money (tight budget right now).

Link:   Sale Add

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

King Kutter

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-01          89840

AV, I haven't tried any of the XB stuff and I don't have a box blade but the KK implements I own have performed just fine.
Dave ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-01          89843

I have a XB Box blade because of a previous subcompact I had. I now use it on my 7800 and still like the way it works. It doesn't have some of the features that a high end model has, but it has sufficient weight to cut well. It is a lot better than the cat 0 box blade than KK offers. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-05          90104

Beagle
Have you had any problems with the scarifers and how they insert (IE: wearing out or elongating the slots?)
I am looking into a KK 6' model and had 2 concerns one being what I described and the other being how it hooks up to the 3 point (being a bit less beefy than other names)
All in all it looks the same as all the rest besides what I described. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-05          90130

Not so far, and I have beat it up pretty good. I am concerned about the same thing, a little crude at the scarifiers, but it is holding up well. I probably have about 50 hrs of grading use so far with it, mostly with the scarifiers down in the first position.

It is definitely beafy enough for grading my road, driveway, and some land clearing I have been doing. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-06          90175

I'am looking at the KK L-60-60 series rotary cutters and have the same feelings. I will be using it for work, and am wondering will it be able to hold up. I own the KK 6' landscape rake, and have found that a little common sense make it go a long way. But I am worried about the cutter. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
plots1

2004-07-06          90186

My 60 inch KK cutter worked out fine on my 790, (pretty tuff)but I hope it works on my new machine. It has double PTO horse than the 790 and it's going to be a bit shy on covering the tracks.I already have it so I'm going to use it, hope it don't gernade the gear box. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-06          90199

I have a KK RFM that I have used for about two years. So far the only problem I have had is a blown belt. Other than that, it holds up fine behind my 30hp 7800. The gear box is rated to 45hp. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-06          90237

Plots1
pretty nice looking deere you have there. I love the larger front tires on it than on mine! If anything it sure looks tough!!! What made you increase hp so much? I know I know, why not? LOL
I get a bit aroused everytime I see your pic of fresh black earth gettin ready to plant. It sure is a pretty pic!
By the way, I showed my bride your pic of the little lady on your machine, I said, " see here is a woman that appreciates her man!!!" As she walks away laughing. I still cant get mine to drive it. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
plots1

2004-07-06          90247

Thanks broken, sometimes I wish I never let her get on it because it's hard to get her off. by the way the wife did most of the disking in that pic your talkin about. ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-06          90250

Awesome!!! tell her to keep up the good work! My youngest of three is a girl and she wants to do the disking in 2 weeks, I cant tell her NO! Just want to know when I will get some seat time? The oldest boy is doing all field cutting the way it is now. The only thing I get to do is the round up spraying, and that is about as boring as it gets, ya know>? ....

King Kutter

View my Photos
big al

2006-01-21          123210

hey guys, I bought a king kutter tg-48 tiller (commercial version), it is $50 more than the non commercial. What a no brainer. Tractor supply company is the best for these products. The king kutter was hundreds of dollars less and featured all gear drive, it is built like a sherman tank. I looked at all competetive models, not one came close. the king kutter takes all the abuse we throw at it and then some. Thanks KK, I love your product. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login