Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yorkrake wheels

View my Photos
steve4300
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-19          129589

I have a work saver 6' york rake , I only use it about 2 times a year during good months. During the winter I use it to scape snow away from my doors. My question is , is it worth it to get a wheel kit for it. Do they help out at all.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yorkrake wheels

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-19          129593

Depends on what your are doing and on what surface. I have had one for years and never needed wheels. My power rake has wheels but it's pretty heavy (1000lb.). I usually take them off as there are times I have to go deeper and the wheels will prevent that. I find it's just as effective to keep an eye on the 3pt position more than anything for the work I do (heavy landscaping, debris pickup). If you are grooming a surface that has been smoothed/graded the wheels will be a benefit that way you don't disturb it.

Another thought is if you are moving snow you may want to take a look at LandPride's model that has a scraper blade that folds down in front of the rake teeth turning it into a scraper blade.

I added an 8" hydraulic cylinder to my rake which allows me to rotate the rake from the operator seat. A hydraulic top link makes it a very useful tool. ....

Yorkrake wheels

View my Photos
steve4300
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-22          129709

Accually mine has the flip down blade and I love having that feature, I have been told a set of wheels go for about 250 . It seem like a lot of money if I don't like them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login