Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pto shaft repairs

View my Photos
Karl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-27          118524

I own a Woods model MD-184 rotary cutter and I have a PTO shaft that is worn severely in the Square drive female end. The square shaft has very little wear. This Weld-on adaptor is 1 ½” square and I am having problems finding this size. I can easily find 1 Ό” and smaller but no luck with 1 ½”. If I can find this adaptor then my repair cost would be much lower than down sizing to the smaller shaft where I would have nearly the expense of a new PTO shaft. Another problem with the woods mower is that the slip clutch ( OEM part) that has a #35 u joint half yoke welded to it , so that further complicates the problem. I don’t understand why woods would use such a large shaft on a 7’ brushog and why in the world would they make a slip clutch without a spline drive. It has really been a good mower and this is really the only problem that I have had with it. Do you have any suggestions of where I might locate this weld –on 1 ½’’ square drive adaptor?
Thanks Karl

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pto shaft repairs

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-28          118578

We make most shafts in house to save on inventory as well as or just to save costs. Most farm equipment dealers should have that size ibn stock and for some we sell the material in bulk and for most we weld them up while waiting. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login