Go Bottom Go Bottom

3-point education

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-10          113244

I thought I would bring this up for others who may of not experianced this yet. I learned something this weekend and it only took me 15 min. to figure out! While I was disking I came the the end of the field, I had my head up my butt and started to turn before the disk was totally out of the ground. I stopped my rig before any damage occured but could not figure out why my disk was NOT UP? I rubbed the tire a bit but not too bad (no cuts just a good abrasion) I got off the tractor and inspected the back end. Did not look like any damage was done so I jumped back up on her and lifted the three point handle. NOTHING!!! I could not believe it, all theses things were running thru my head that could of happened but none of them made any sense! Especially why the 3 point did NOT lift the disk in the first place.
Here is the rest of the story!
I actually DID pull up on the handle (to lift the disk before I started to make the turn) Problem was the handle I pulled on was for my extra hydraulics in the back! It seems that if this handle is activated that the three point hydraulics do NOT work? Quick fix? Put the handle back in its off position and then the 3 point works fine!

For a short time there I was getting pissed, especially since I was NOT done with the field.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login