Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydraulic hose

View my Photos
Cpt.Dave
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-22          62485

I had a hydraulic hose burst on the 75 loader on my JD1050(1300 hours)this morning.Called the JD dealer for a price on the part.It was $40.43 for 1 hose( 112 inches) and 3 days to order it.I brought the hose to New Hampshire Hydraulics and they made me 4 hoses in under an hour for $76.At that price I will change all four.They also rebuild cylinders.
cpt.dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydraulic hose

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-23          62518

My dealer goes to a large hydraulics in a big city for hoses, etc. Hydraulics hose and fittings are pretty much standard internationally and factory parts aren't likely to compete with parts form local hydraulics shops that use generic fittings and hoses cut to length from bulk stock. It'd be rare for a factory part to actually be needed. Most times it would be like going to a car dealer for spark plugs. It also is feasible for owners to make up some types of their own lines from bulk hose and some types of fittings and that would be even cheaper. There are some issues though and I wouldn't do it myself. I'd also take care installing the new hose incorrect routing can result in damage or premature failure of hose.

There are price issues related to the particular hose and type fittings. You have to assume a hydraulics shop would use equivalent or better to original hose (the original hose should be coded to indicate type). The coding also would indicate to a tech the type fittings to use with the hose. You have to assume that a hydraulics shop will either select the right hose if reusing fittings or for new fittings.

If the original hose has reusable fittings and the shop is using them that would make the new hose cheaper that factory hose. If the shop is using new fittings but using permanent fittings while the factory part has reusable fittings, that also would lower the price but wouldn't be the same quality.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login