Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B2910 HST line damaged

View my Photos
e3csmith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-10          160963

Not sure this is the correct place to post as I am new to the site. I have a Kubota B2910 and unfortunately I damaged the metal transmission line that runs around the filter. One end goes into a hose the other appears to be a mechanical fit. What do I do to repair this?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B2910 HST line damaged

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-11          160970

The easy fix is buy a new metal tube.

But if you can do brazing, or sliver solder you can repair it that way too. Assuming it's collapsed drill a small hole opposite the crushed area---not too big as you'll need to repair it later. In a vice with jaws slightly open, set the tube in the opening. Uncrush the tube by inserting a small flat punch or ground-off screwdriver in the hole and lightly tap the crushed area rotating the tube as you go. Once done, lightly sand off the plating from around the wound. Then braze or silver solder it. Be sure to flush it out after you are done to remove bits and droplets of braze ro solder and possible flakes of steel inside

You may be able to remove the entire of rubberhose/connected to the steel tube as an assembly and have one rubber hose made up at a local hydraulic hose maker (look in the Yellow Pages under hydraulic hoses and repair) ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login