Go Bottom Go Bottom

Backhoe attachments

View my Photos
t16nhc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-16          86157

I have CaseIH 484 w hyd raulics and a 3500 loader.I am considering an attachment(backhoe) and need some advice. The price range seems to be$4000- $7500.Some come with their own Hydraulics and some work off the tractor.Which is preferable and are used machines worth the hassle?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Backhoe attachments

View my Photos
loganWildman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-17          86206

Dealers have told me that self contained 3pt hoes are stronger that ones that run off the tractor hydraulics. As for used ones, just make sure they are tight. If they are loose, then you'll have to replaces the pins and bushings sooner or later. I wouldn't be afraid of one with loose pins or bushings, but I would knock the price down because of it. ....

Backhoe attachments

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-17          86262

Tractor hydraulics vs. PTO hydraulics....I have never heard that one about PTO pumps being stronger than the one on the tractor. I can't imagine why that would be true. The balance of the pros/cons point to using the tractor hydraulics, in my opinion. If you already have remote hydraulic connections on the rear of your tractor, then the choice is extra easy. (Besides how can anyone live without remotes?)

Also, if you use a PTO pump and your PTO is 540 RPM only, then you will have to run the tractor at fairly high RPM to get enough flow at the PTO. You can get increaser gear boxes to help this issue. You are still looking at $500-750 for the PTO hydraulic pump/gearbox/tank/filter if you go that way. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login