Go Bottom Go Bottom

woods 750

View my Photos
brouillette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-22          58119

Just picked up a Woods 750 backhoe and was wondering if anyone could tell me what fluid to use in the reservior...is it the same as my tractor? Just didn't want to assume anything and be sorry later! Thanks,

Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

woods 750

View my Photos
TomG

2003-06-22          58134

If the hoe runs from tractor hydraulics it probably uses the transmission oil. A few older tractor hydraulic systems used differential oil. If the hoe runs from a pto pump, the pump manufacturer probably specs an oil for it but likely any generic universal transmission/hydraulic oil would work. Good to check with a dealer though. ....

woods 750

View my Photos
GaryVT

2003-08-26          62714

I use UTF (universial tractor hydraulic fluid) in my 750 with no problem. I did have some foaming problems during some heavy digging with it and some cheap fluid. If you can get some UTF with anti -foaming qualities, it's better. ....

woods 750

View my Photos
Millstone

2003-09-03          63157

How much did this unit cost? Did it have a subframe? Does it require a separate PTO pump? ....

woods 750

View my Photos
GaryVT

2003-09-03          63160

I have had my 750 for about 8 years and I paid $3750 for it. I think they are about 5-6K now. It has no sub frame and it has it's own PTO pump. (Can you say more flow?)With no subframe, you keep the check chains tight and lower the 3-pt hitch all the way down, and leave it there. I have dug several trenches of 300' ft or more, and it's great for picking rocks. I have no shortage of granite stones in my part of VT, and I get tired of polishing them with my mower blades!! If you want something more substanial, get a track-hoe. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login