Go Bottom Go Bottom

Backhoe with drawbar

View my Photos
Limmex
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-07          54477

I was looking at a Rhino Backhoe for my TC33D. I was surprised that there was no place to have a draw bar on when the backhoe in unhitched. Is this common with other brands? www.servis-rhino.com

They had a model 75 for $4400 and $5300 for the model 85. Should there be anything that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Backhoe with drawbar

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-08          54496

I don't know the hoe but it's probably a sub-frame rather than a 3ph mount. Many sub-frames require removing this or that on the 3ph. The mounts of some 3ph hoes require a drawbar.

One way of looking at it that many or even most compact owners never own an implement that uses a drawbar so the loss may not be too important. My drawbar is compromised due to a 3ph-hoe mount so I can't use it for an implement. A 1" hole in the bar is still available and I keep a 1" clevis loop in it to use for connecting chain used for dragging things around. The drawbar is the safest point to pull from.

Backhoe with drawbar

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-12          54724

With the brands we work with when the hoe is off you go back to the original system. ....

Backhoe with drawbar

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-12          54729

The subframe on my 758C mounts to the same location as the stock drawbar. I kept the drawbar and mount in case I ever get rid of the backhoe.

All 3PH arms and links stay in place. I use an aftermarket drawbar between the 3PH arms when the hoe is off the tractor. These accessories cost $30 - $50. ....

Backhoe with drawbar

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-05-13          54841

I have a Wood's subframe mounted backhoe and when I take my backhoe off the subframe has a place to mount a trailer ball. No muss no fuss, just good engineering to do what the removed draw bar was intended to do. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login