Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
atilak
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-19          102518

I have a Kubota B20 tractor I bought used with a BT750 back hoe and TL420 loader. When the tractor is parked, stabilizers, bucket, hoe, etc. would all drift from their positions in a day or two. One of the stabilizer cylinders had a leak which I had fixed and thought would solve the problem. I also replaced the hydraulic fluid and all the filters. It did slow the drift dpwn considerably. Now the drift still occurs over a period of over a week, very slowly. Is this normal? If not, what can I check, and how do I fix the problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
JimP

2004-12-19          102520

A week? Consider yourself lucky... Check the archives for this problem happening in hours on brand new tractors including the big three. ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
bmlekki
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-19          102521

My JD 790 FEL will leak down while i'm using it... If i park the tractor and the FEL is empty, 5 feet up, you can here it creek down in about 2 hours it will rest on the ground. Its more annoying when the machine is running and it goes down... just as fast ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-12-19          102524

Some leakdown in the backhoe is normal.
Taking a week to leak down is considered good. ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-20          102616

I wish my backhoe took a week to leak down! ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-20          102617

The leakdown is normally through the valve spools, and is normal. The tolerance the spools are machined to, along with normal wear allows some fluid to flow through the spool housing. Definitely normal. ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-12-20          102620

If you are concerned about leak-down, you can get compact-size check valves that go between the hose fitting and the cylinder port. Cost about $15 each, but reduce flow by a few GPM. If you still get leak down then the cylinder piston seals themselves are bad. ....

Hydraulic system

View my Photos
atilak

2004-12-20          102634

Thanks for the reply. I feel better now. I just thought that their might be something wrong. Occassionally I have driven past a construction site and saw a tractor parked for the night with all four wheels off the ground. Other times, I have driven every dat past a tractor with a loader bucket up in the air with an advertising sign on it and it never seemed to be dropping. Thanks again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login