Go Bottom Go Bottom

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-01          101355

Hi everyone...Good to be back with you all again!
Question: Years ago, I had a Kubota BL4520 hoe. Needless to say, along with many of my toys, I also parted with it. Now as I try to find a comparable unit, there are too many on the market. I have looked in the archives for info. - nothing there. Can anyone identify a comparable Woods brand size unit to the Kubota BL4520 of yesteryear?
Thanks-
Willie H.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-01          101404

Where have you been! Don't have the books anymore Willie but there were bracket kits that were needed to and those might be harder to find then the hoe. ....

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
WillieH

2004-12-02          101420

Art,
Thanks for the reply. I understand that Orange came out with a smaller hoe attachment this past year...supposedly for the smaller 'B' units, I believe a BH6000 is the model, but don't quote me - suppose to have a 6'(?) reach.
Any word on these as to how they are, remembering that I used to have a BL4520 and a 6500. Do they have the ability for self contained hydraulics off the pto, or are they plumbed off the tractor?
Thanks,
Willie H. ....

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-05          101663

They do have a new hoe for the little guys that have the same hook up as the other models of four point hoe hook ups like the BH90. I don't know that they would go on the older models at all. ....

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
WillieH

2004-12-07          101807

Art,
I had the opportunity in my travels the other day, to stop and check out a BH6000. It was mounted to a BX. In my opinion, though they may offer exactly what the baby tractors are capable of delivering (no offense to the BX owners), I think I will stay with the 6500 or 7500 sizing. The old girl that I had was just amazing at what work it could perform. The 6' depth on these newbies, just won't cut the mustard for me,(just a wee bit too shallow).

After looking at it closer, I have to wonder also, about the hook up. Unless there is a special adapter kit available from Kubota, it may not fit the older B's at all...time will tell I guess. The other drawback (for me), is that they do not come available with independent or self contained hydraulics. If you come across anything of the 650/6500 series used hoes, let me know please.
Thanks,
Willie H. ....

BackHoe comparison

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-07          101819

I think that the tractor chassis's have changed so much that the new full frame hoe would be quite a project to mount on an older model. The woods unit isn't what the BX is when you get them side by side. Even there hoe comparable to the BH90 isn't the same. Less reach, height and depth. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login